Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling On Ebay Discontinued

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4280 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   01:18 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was Little Willie John a stamp collector?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   04:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! GeoffHa!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3398 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the swearing will never get you anyplace but shut down but give me a break on the pearl clutching over asking where the rep is based and why the English name.

I do see the irony in the op being shut down from selling while many of our favorite sellers like the cartel operate with impunity. Very rich indeed.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
267 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well members, will now outline my full reply to my last email to each member by name:
1) '51studebaker' (Don): I have never used couriers (only Australia Post) and never had any delivery issue with my buyers;

2) 'revenuecollector': I agree that heaping profanity and abuse on eBay support reps isn't an appropriate way to resolve things in my favor, but as I noted in my chat, but you are dealing with a small cog in a large machine and they are just robots.
Yes I may have been notified by eBay in July 2018, but they never told me what action to take and yes I should of asked. I can assure you that my sales transaction and so called deficiencies you noted compared to other sellers was never raised by eBay, so you have just made an assumption.
Do bare in mind that I expect their remedies to elevate my deficiencies would have probably meant increasing my costs to the buyers therefore making my selling levels even lower.

3) 'Battlestamps': Yes I did have the same conditions on eBay and no I did not have any claims against me for any issues, thus my 100% performance. Yes I understand that I'm still responsible for any lose or damage and where this has happened I have always refunded the buyer. BUT I still believe this to be unfair, its all stacked against the seller

4) 'revenuecollector': by adding shipping and handling charges would only mean less chance of selling especially for low value stamps;

5) 'KRelyea': I was not having problems with my business (do remember I had been selling for 18 years with no problems with selling my non stamp items). Please note that selling stamps on eBay is a lot harder than selling cloths, DVDS etc. Contrary to your assumption, I did not knOW what the problems were, only that eBay told me I was not selling enough
PS what is a OP???

6) 'dutchman1948': I have been with Declampe for over a year now and have had no problems with them!!!;

7) 'KGV Collector': I won't waste my time responding to your comments other than to say that I do have terminal lung cancer but it does not effect my judgement or opinions of eBay;

8) 'gmot' : Yes I was very rude to the reps but these days when you talk to a rep from any organisation they nearly always come from overseas and do not always understand the English language, that is the reason and I'm not a racist, I come from a multicultural society;

9) 'shermae: No comment!!!;

10) 'steevh': I did not ask for sympathy in my original post, only if any others had experienced the same. With regards to being racist, see my response above, I take great offence to that comment. I keep saying, I may have been rude to the eBay reps but I have never been rude to my buyers once again thus my 100% rating. Yet another assumption;

11) ÁravindMichigan': Its got nothing to do with being English. I want to make sure that the reps understand the English language and yes I do make a lot of spelling mistakes because I suffer from dyslexia!! In addition, I note that most of the responders are from the USA and they have a different way of spelling certain words!!!

No doubt my above responses will not go down well with members and I may well be suspended. The only member that has responded with reasonable sense is Don.

I see a pattern here -- its called "Everyone else is wrong, and only I am right."

I would make the wild assumption you behave like this when dealing with customer issues.
Learn More...
7084 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   08:24 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
minder1946,
You came into the community seeking input regarding the situation of your eBay account being restricted. Of course we do not have ' eBay side' of this story but you presented your side. So far a number of members, all of whom are known for being reasonable, have all agreed that you had responsibility in being removed from eBay.

I think that this thread has run its course unless there is new information to be presented. You can take the feedback you have received and either ignore it or do some introspection. In my opinion you 'do not lose' if you do not lose the lesson. If you want to continue to believe that this is all eBay's fault then the lesson is to not use that venue. If you want to believe that the lesson is that you can do things to improve, then work on changing how you sell online.

But I am sure that further debate over this incident is not going to be productive (for you or the community); I suggest that we move on.
Don
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   4:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I regret that I am continuing this thread, but love how Don is a pillar of reason and reasonableness
Valued Member
Australia
9 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add minder1946 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Don,
Many thanks for your reasonable replies to my posts. I regret sending my chat records to the open forum, I would of liked to send them to you only direct, which was my original plan. I never expected to receive so many negative responses but I understand why, although a number of members made to many assumptions without knowing all the facts or my circumstances. So yes, this thread has run its course. I still feel though very bitter with eBay and only wish there is an alternative site of the same magnitude as eBay that favours the seller and has lower fees because I'm selling my collection on Declampe but still have a large stock of non stamp items to sell.
Regards
minder1946
(Andy Keene)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5664 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're dating yourself quoting Peggy Lee lyrics :)
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
Posted 07/28/2019   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
True that Peggy Lee owns it, friend. and Elvis did a fine one with a spoken intro to its history. That version was a totally different take on it. And he has a sexy version as well.
Peggy Lee Stamp? I suppose that is another thread, oh well. Be good.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4280 Posts
Posted 07/28/2019   06:40 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peggy Lee and Elvis are to Fever as Pat Boone is to Tutti Frutti ...
United States
1 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sibillacumana to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay to me looks like AARP UNITED HEALTH CARE in the US, you pay high premiums and get very little in return. Up to a month ago, I was one of their darlings "POWER SELLER" but now I've dropped to BELOW STANDARD because I cancelled 5 transactions where "I didn't have the item or it was damaged". The truth is that I had to cancel some of those transactions because the buyers where in countries I don't ship to (Russia for instance) unless it is REGISTERED. Somehow eBay had it as $3 shipping everywhere, which was wrong!!! I was afraid the transaction would go through and I would have to pay the $17 out of my pocket for an item that sold for $80. But now it turns out that for being BELOW STANDARD THEY CHARGE 5% MORE IN FEES!!! I just sold a South Africa collection for $400 and then I noticed the fee was $60!!! I mean the NERVE!!! Now they also have this policy that they relist items automatically (I don't have a store). So, if I am not careful and 200 items relist, I will be paying $70 in listing fees, for instance. They only give 50 free listings, they usually give me 500 extra but this month I guess they are "punishing" me because I haven't received any extras. They are a rip off, greedy. I started posting on Hipstamps and I have sold some stuff there, we'll see. Wish I could get rid of eBay altogether.
Valued Member
Australia
9 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add minder1946 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear sibillacumana,
I know that this thread is closed but until I received your reply I thought I was the only eBay member that had a problem with eBay. It is good to hear you comments and totally agree with your opinion of eBay, I was beginning to believe that the majority of responders had shares in eBay!!!! most made assumptions as to why I was banned and some were either down right rude or stupid.
The Australian eBay site has slightly different free listing numbers but you are right in saying about the automatic relisting if not sold but that can be turned off in your settings, I was caught that way myself.
Are Hipstamps a USA site? As I noted in my original post, I now list with Declampe
No doubt I will get more negative responses by replying to you!!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4552 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   10:58 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've dropped to BELOW STANDARD because I cancelled 5 transactions where "I didn't have the item or it was damaged". The truth is that I had to cancel some of those transactions because the buyers where in countries I don't ship to (Russia for instance) unless it is REGISTERED.

Well this is more of a you problem than an eBay problem. Canceling transactions under false premises is not indicative of positive seller behavior. If you don't want to ship to Russia, then simply exclude Russia from the countries you ship to. It's simple. I excluded Russia from my ship-to countries list many years ago.

It's amazing how so many of these rants and raves by sellers against eBay for having been restricted are for self-induced problems...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1304 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be pretty mad if I found a coveted item on eBay only to have the seller tell me it doesn't exist. It would definitely make me suspicious that the seller, for whatever reason, just didn't want to complete the transaction.

If there really is a philatelic shopping website that "favors sellers," as a buyer I want no part of it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3664 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   11:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Stupid is as stupid does." fg/th
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05