Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Information And Value On Newfoundland #33

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add fylbrig413 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a block of 6 of this stamp on card stock, no gum and imperforate but I'm not really sure what I have. I have no idea as to value either. I believe it's Newfoundland #33. It does have a reference note on rear in pencil. No gum, never hinged. I'm not sure how grading works but I'd say VF or better. Thanks for your help.
Ron

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6317 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fylbrig413...Welcome to the forum..enjoy.

You have a great Newfoundland block.
1 - Unitrade (back of book) Scott 33P
2 - N.S.S.C. number 34B

You need a Unitrade Catalouge and if you are interested in Newfoundland stamps a N.S.S.C. (Newfoundland Specialized Stamp Catalouge).

If you need additional information on what you have, you may contact the 2 links below.

John Walsh N.S.S.C. Catalouge.
info@nfldstamps.com

Malcolm Back at BNAPS
mback1217@rogers.com

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1201 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought that it was a plate proof, but wasn't sure as my 2018 Unitrade doesn't list it.

Robert (wert), he also wants to know its value if your Unitrade shows it. Paul
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6317 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
he also wants to know its value if your Unitrade shows it

Well Unitrade shows it about $80.00 for a single.

Robert
Edited by wert - 07/21/2019 9:16 pm
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fylbrig413 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks All for your information. You said Unitrade had a single of this stamp listed at $80. Are blocks of 4 any more valuable? And you did see pencil notation on rear as well? I do have a nice collection of NFLD stamps and I will be looking to sell them as well. Thanks again
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6317 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
fylbrig413...Looks like TOP RIGHT corner of the sheet

Blocks do demand more money, but if you are here just to get us to put a monetary value on your collection, then you probably should contact a dealer/auctioneer.

But nice stamps
Robert
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fylbrig413 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you kindly,
Ron
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a very nice and unique item. Thank you for sharing.

I am not sure but this might be more valuable than you think.

I concur with Wert--its an imperf variant of the vermillion shade. I've never seen a block of 6 together.

Individually, I'd pay $125+/- for an individual unused, without hinge

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6317 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Probably closer to $1000.00+ for that block.

Robert
Edited by wert - 07/24/2019 1:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
622 Posts
Posted 08/11/2019   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This might give you an idea.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
623 Posts
Posted 08/13/2019   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jimjung posted pic from the Newfoundland Specialized Stamp Catalogue--which I highly recommend for any Newfoundland collector.

Not sure if he had permission to post copyrighted material, btw...or without attribution at least..
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05