Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Setting A Fixed Mailing Cost On All Listings

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3613 Posts
Posted 07/21/2019   8:56 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So have noticed by emails that many buyers come into our eBay store and chock on the mailing cost when they purchase many items.

email example: Hi, do you combined postage as I have 17 items which want me to pay more than products costs. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Meaghan.

If this person has emailed me it brings up the question how many people just leave with no purchased items or communication because of the cart is showing a huge mailing cost.

So have managed to put a mailing cost limit per eBay invoice no matter how many items are purchased.

A simple task one might think. But not for me. Had no idea so live chat looked like my best answer.

1st contact 6pm 45min eBay live chat. Told that all is fixed but no it has not been fixed as I woke up the next morning to the example email supplied.

2nd contact live chat eBay 9am next morning lasted 3min short of 2hrs. Again told all changes are in place but no, eBay still have not corrected the mailing settings for me.

3rd contact live chat 1pm same day and this guy just had a look and said I need to go back and look at all the live chat info you have. Fair enough it took him 12mins to read it all which is very reasonable considering how much live chat info he needed to go through.Then in 2min he had truly fixed my settings to only one mailing cost per invoice.

The 2hr eBay live chat was ......
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3613 Posts
Posted 08/09/2019   12:53 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
5 eBay live chats later and the issue is fixed.

Turned out to be a mailing description part error being a box or a parcel. You can not have both and line up the mailing settings to be all the same if you have them different.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
Posted 08/09/2019   10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You mentioned:
"how many people just leave with no purchased items or communication because of the cart is showing a huge mailing cost."

I agree, when I see a large shipping cost in the cart I usually move on to another seller. Many times I don't contact the seller, I just assume that is what they are charging.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1223 Posts
Posted 08/09/2019   3:47 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay US has not correctly calculated combined shipping on international orders for years. The error may be limited to orders with free shipping in the United States. International shipping is calculated correctly if the buyer waits for an invoice before paying. I don't know if this bug affects sellers incarcerated in the Managed Payments program.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1928 Posts
Posted 08/09/2019   7:07 pm  Show Profile Check TheArtfulHinger's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Int'l shipping is combined for me. Buyer pays for shipping on the first item, additional items ship free for both foreign and domestic. Never had any issues with it (that I'm aware of) since I set it up correctly.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1223 Posts
Posted 08/09/2019   10:38 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@TheArtfulHinger

Please read my post again. I said that the problem occurs if domestic shipping is free and international shipping is not. I also stated that I did not know if the bug occurred if domestic shipping is not free. The bug persists because eBay is not testing their software thoroughly enough assuming that some testing is done. Also, it may be possible to set combined shipping up on the web site, but not using the eBay API. If it was possible to report bugs on the eBay web site, the bug would certainly have been reported. But the eBay software development mantra goes like this: "Ignorance is bliss".
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3613 Posts
Posted 08/10/2019   05:20 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Normally with eBay issues like this they tell me it is my cookie issue and that is what the trouble, is not them, in any way.

This time I got them looking as I have 2 stores and 2 user names on 2 different computers so I refer them to my other store's cart as proof. They had no escape as I could prove that it was an eBay issue. But as it turned out it was a setting issue of my doing of having box & parcel in different listings. How abstract is that?

In what way could I possibly understand that could even be an issue?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
550 Posts
Posted 08/10/2019   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add srailkb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
" ...sellers incarcerated in the Managed Payments program." LOL! Clark, you certainly have a way with words - gave me a nice chuckle this morning, thanks!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05