Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Collect Us Airmail Covers With Etiquettes?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gslaten to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I do not specifically collect them (yet) but have been putting them aside when I come across them. I do find them interesting when on cover so might take a closer look. Here are a few. I hope to see some others.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3723 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
Postal Etiquettes And/Or Labels From Around The World

http://goscf.com/t/12126

18 pages & thriving.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/22/2019   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ikey.

I have reviewed that thread several times and it has many great examples of etiquettes from both the US and around the world, but not so many on cover. Clearly etiquettes are a specialty collected and studied.

I was just hoping to see a few US covers with etiquettes intact. I am trying to decide if I want to pursue them, and if so, how?

Gary
Valued Member
United States
227 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning Gslaten and all,

I have a few registered air mail items with these labels as I collect registered etiquettes on cover. Sadly, there are far more examples of these labels out there off cover than on. Labels and stamps soaked off cover are history lost.
Edited by hoosierboy - 07/23/2019 08:31 am
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/23/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hoosierboy,

I would be delighted to see a few of your covers with registered etiquettes. If they have other etiquettes, so much the better

Gary
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zepman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple.

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/24/2019   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Zepman. Thanks for sharing them.
Pillar Of The Community
1016 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes there are collectors of airmail etiquettes, though perhaps there are not as many collectors today as there once were. If you are going to be collecting them you might want to look into acquiring the "Catalogue of Airmail Labels" by GŁnter Mair. The main volume was first published in 1991 and covers thousands of such airmail etiquettes from 201 countries with 3289 illustrations. Later there were an additional 7 supplements published with a total of 173 more pages of them bringing the total size of this catalog to 626 pages of airmail etiquettes.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for telling me about the "Catalog of Airmail Labels". I was unaware of it. I probably won't be seriously collecting them, but will continue to acquire them as they come along.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   12:48 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/26/2019   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks docgfd. Keep them coming.
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
Posted 07/27/2019   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it when a plane is on it. Some nice designs!
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 07/28/2019   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So do I. Here are a few more. The last one was an eBay purchase that arrived today.

Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
Posted 08/07/2019   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zepman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The nice thing is you can find them for a dollar if the cover subject is common. The airlines are a whole groups itself.

Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 08/07/2019   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great covers. keep them coming.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05