Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

People And Events That Should Be On A Us Stamp But Aren't

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
Posted 08/02/2019   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
RE: stamp-collecting OOPS!
but there are a bunch of other hobbies that could be recognized in a series....
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 09/26/2019   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While this idea may be "fluff" compared to some of the other ideas proposed, I would love to see a stamp or stamps commemorating the Three Stooges. Hey, if Harry Potter deserves a stamp, then Moe, Larry and Curly certainly do.
Valued Member
115 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Inventions. This could be grouped by inventor, perhaps depict 4 inventions, one per stamp, by each given person. Some inventors, Thomas Edison comes to mind, could have far more than 4 stamps.
Valued Member
115 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On a similar note, during the 2020s we have the 100th anniversary of much of quantum physics. Many Americans involved in that early research have not yet appeared on stamps.
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Us:

Them:

Yes, I'm cherry picking, but sheesh!
Valued Member
United States
305 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An Autism Awareness stamp or semi-postal.

Many people know at least one friend or family member who has an autistic child and the numbers are ever increasing. I have an 11-year-old son with autism. Millions of affected children will become adults who will be unable to live and work on their own, unable to drive a car, unable to get married and have children. For the parents, autism is a life sentence of taking care of their child forever.

In 1980, autism occurred in 1 in 10,000. Today, it is diagnosed in 1 in 36 (1 in 28 for boys). The CDC provides different numbers which are about as accurate as political polls. The medical profession is unable (or unwilling) to explain the epidemic rise in autism and have done very little to help parents. The two FDA approved drugs for autism both have black box warnings with side effects that include gynomastia (boys growing breasts), parkinsonism (developing Parkinson's Disease), and death.

I've written to the Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee about an autism stamp. They said thank you, no, and try again in 3 years.
Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BFRomeos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gen. Robin Olds: U.S. Air Force WWII & Vietnam fighter pilot/ace and USAF Academy superintendent

Gen. Robinson Risner: USAF fighter pilot, Korean (ace) & Vietnam, POW Hanoi Hilton

Gen. Daniel "Chappie" James Jr. USAF fighter pilot, Korea & Vietnam

Gen Frank Petersen, U.S. Marine Corps fighter pilot, Korea & Vietnam

Col. James Jabara, USAF fighter pilot, WWII & Korea, first U.S. jet ace

Edited by BFRomeos - 10/16/2019 1:14 pm
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did they ever issue stamps featuring Hendrix, King or Vaughan. I'd like to buy a sheet or two of guitar gods.
Valued Member
Learn More...
416 Posts
Posted 10/27/2019   01:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jimi Hendrix stamp issued by U.S. in March of 2014. Don't recall stamps for the other two from the U.S.
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 10/27/2019   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add usmedalman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps honoring the crew of Apollo 1 and Challenger who lost their lives while trying to expand man's understanding of space. LONG overdue.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BFRomeos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suggested a list of news anchors from the golden age of TV news. It didn't make the cut... did this run afoul of the forum's no-politics directive?
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oracle of Delphi--Thanks for posting that Hendrix stamp but Ugh! it looks nothing like him. It makes me wonder why they didn't use a photo. There's no shortage of them.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4423 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   4:36 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it looks like him, but it's a really shoddy piece of artwork.
Valued Member
67 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Aviatik to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GeoffHa--We'll have to agree to disagree about the image looking like Hendrix, maybe he'd of looked like that if he'd have lived another 10 or twenty years. The cynic in me says the decision maker at the USPS must have had a starving artist relative/buddy that he/she steered the work to.

I did a little googling after posting and was surprised to see the people that own the rights to Hendrixs' image signed off on the stamp. The stamp art work looks to me like what happens when the maker can't get rights to the original. They did a much better job on the Janis Joplin stamp.
Valued Member
Learn More...
416 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   11:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't been too impressed in general with the design of stamps lately. The one for John Lennon was strange and, being from the Woodstock generation, the one commemorating the 50th anniversary of that was meh. Subject matters, design, production of modern US stamps leave me uninspired. Just one old guy's opinion.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05