Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Album Binder Labels - Recommendations

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

54 Posts
Posted 08/11/2019   11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add profgreeley to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone discovered a means of producing attractive labels for Vario binders that permanently adhere to the spine?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
192 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   01:30 am  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use a Brother P-Touch D400 label printer, the labels it creates are very neat and professional looking. Brother make a range of label printers; the D400 is probably far from the latest model as I bought it a few years ago but it does what I need.

These printers print on a glossy self-adhesive tape which is available in a number of colours as well as transparent.
Dymo and Casio make similar printers, I chose the Brother because it was on special at the time.
Clive

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4225 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   05:14 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There have been a few discussions about this, eg

http://goscf.com/t/51137&whichpage=2

As you can see: (a) I've tried various methods; (b) I'm not fussy; and (c) I don't value uniformity.

Hello, my photo's fallen over again!
Edited by GeoffHa - 08/12/2019 06:31 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4341 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also use a Brother P-touch ,mine is the PT-D200 model .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1179 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use white, easy peel, address labels that I can write on, in block letters. Like GeoffHa, I'm not fussy and don't worry about uniformity. They do need occasional replacing, but a package is far less expensive than buying a whole new gadget. Disclosure: my regular printer can print labels, but have never used it for that purpose.
Edited by Climber Steve - 08/12/2019 09:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
536 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I purchase a moderately expensive 3-ring binder at the local Staples that has a slip label holder which I can use a Sharpie to identify the album. There is a clear 'window' on the spine which protects the label from smearing during use. (The label tag is provided with the binder)
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4225 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   10:45 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steve - after a brief experience, my former work colleagues made clear that I was not to try to print labels again, and that I was not to use Excel unless accompanied by an adult. I follow these rules in retirement.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
246 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Maiden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another vote for the Brother P-Touch here after I started a similar thread a few months ago :)
Valued Member
54 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the tips, and thanks GeoffHa for the photos! I will look into the Brother printer. I am unfortunately quite particular about aesthetics and uniformity!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1179 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoff: I understand your thoughts about Excel. All three of my devices are Apple, including the desktop I do 99% of my work on. I have Microsoft Office for Macs, and Excel is still difficult.

profgreeley: hope it works out to your satisfaction. If I may ask, are you a professor at UNC in Greeley, CO?
Edited by Climber Steve - 08/12/2019 4:37 pm
Valued Member
54 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a professor in Indiana, actually. Greeley is my surname!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4225 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   5:52 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As in, "Go West, young woman"?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2445 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you use standard paper labels just use large address labels with an Avery template.

This is what I did for my labels. There is another thread on here.

Al
Edited by angore - 08/12/2019 6:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1589 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And they STILL look great.
Valued Member
54 Posts
Posted 08/12/2019   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Angore, I have some serious label envy! How did you create them?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2445 Posts
Posted 08/13/2019   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I started with the Microsoft Word Avery label template and labels then adjusted background and text color until I get the desired look.

Here is the original thread. There are several older threads discussing labels in the "software/supplies" heading.

http://goscf.com/t/58114
Al
Edited by angore - 08/13/2019 11:29 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05