Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need A Scott Or Michel Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
38 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ccrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,
I am just getting into another tub of stamps and found some full sheets of Third Reich stamps. I have a perf sheet (50 stamps) of Michel 909 and 910. I can't find the Michel or Scott number for this one.
Can anyone help? Also, would like to have the list price on this sheet.

The sheet is in a plastic sheath. There is no damage to the stamps. I am hesitant to remove from the sheath until I have a nice storage place for the..something nicer than a plastic tub.

My father brought these home from Germany when he returned in 1945.

Thanks,
Chris

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4225 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   5:44 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SG 896, Mobilisation of Home Guard charity stamp, 1945. 2010 CV of 35p.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ccrider to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Geoff. On the current value, I have never used a Stanley Gibbons catalog. What currency is 35p? Is that 35 pence each?

Thanks,
Chris
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4225 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   7:24 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris - Yes, but bear in mind that, in the real world, one assumes 10% of SG's CV! I suspect a lot of these things made their way west after 1945.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poofo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott B291. Michel 908. Singles go for a US dollar or two. Blocks get more. I see sheets going for $50 US or so. This stamp has a lot of plate flaws, and those can go for quite a bit. The flaws are listed in the Michel Specialized Germany catalog.
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Michel #908 Scott #B291
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 08/14/2019   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ccrider to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! Great information, as usual. You folks are the best.

Chris
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05