Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do The Scott's International Albums Have Pages For "Cilicia" ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1109 Posts
Posted 08/15/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mobilman44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My international albums are mostly Scotts International pages. I recently came upon a stamp offering for "Cilicia", which are French.

Well, I can't find any album pages for the Cilicia and am wondering if they just were not printed or perhaps under another name.

Your insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Mobilman44
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26730 Posts
Posted 08/15/2019   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott has them alphabetically under "C"
A territory of Turkey.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
423 Posts
Posted 08/15/2019   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on the edition. Cilicia was in the blue International Volume I until the 1969 and later editions. In newer editions it is removed (along with several German and Italian states, among other things).

There's a ton missing from blue Internationals, and the editorial policy was not particularly consistent; there many common stamps with no spaces, and even entirely missing countries like this.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4280 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   02:21 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not answering your Scott question, but you can find free pages for Cilicia, with or without illustrations, under the Colonies section here

http://www.album.france-timbres.net/

Open on a laptop/desktop.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1109 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mobilman44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! My Scott pages are from the '80s and thus would not have Cilicia. As you suggested, I can print out pages from the suggested site to make up for the absence.

Thanks again, you folks are great!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26730 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I can send you Steiner *.pdf of Cilicia, if that is your want, in Scott Order
(12 pages)
Valued Member
United States
283 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222 that is a nice offer. The friendliness here, along with knowledge, is what I like about this forum.
Edited by wkusau - 08/21/2019 09:03 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05