Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Bumped An Old Post Would Like To Take It Down.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
590 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add watermark to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My old post seems to have offended a fellow collector. I wish to take it down so it doesn't cause any one else problems. Can this be done?
The topic is "A Find Of A Life Time...#32" and in under "Canadian Stamps and Covers". I will not bump this topic again since it apparently causes problems for some of the other collectors.

Mike, watermark
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
7084 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   09:32 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not reply to the thread years ago when it was first posted; I add one post advising inexperienced collectors to not expect to find these kinds of rarities and you want the thread removed?
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
590 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will leave it up to you. I personally don't wish to cause any problems with the community and if my thread generates problems with excessive post on the subject then it might need to be removed. I only bumped it because another member requested it. I will leave it as is unless it will be a problem.

Best, Mike
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
79 Posts
Posted 08/18/2019   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoyed reading the thread and hope you don't take it down. I'm sure others who like me may have missed the story as it unfolded in 2014 will enjoy it. Thanks for bumping it!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6718 Posts
Posted 08/19/2019   12:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a good thread. The points brought up later were valid and weren't intended to offend anyone. Let's all take a breath, either get some rest or work on something else (like our stamps). We're all too stirred up to make any decisions tonight. Maybe in a day or two, we'll look back and see things differently. JMHO
Valued Member
Australia
493 Posts
Posted 08/19/2019   02:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the thread when it was first posted. A worthy bump for a worthy thread.

For many of us part of the thrill of our hobby is discovering rare items, whether they be worth thousands, or only a couple of dollars. It is sometimes amazing what is hiding in plain sight, and what others may overlook...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/...tid=11990602

I sympathize fully with the Moderators who are incessantly swamped with the "Is this a SC# whatever" threads.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05