Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cringe Video On Expensive Stamps Sold Done By Someone Who Knows Nothing About Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Germany
67 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LordInVader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think?

8z3pB2d7TF8

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwwjr56 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously, he describes a cancelled stamp as a stamp with some kind of ink pressed on it. Too funny.
He may want to stick to coins or describing rare video games or something other than stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
110 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we should all start commenting on the video giving him a lesson. That's tough to watch. Thomas Jefferson? He doesn't even know his historical figures.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   09:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quotes prices realized at sale? Teenager with too much time on his hands and too many Caffeine drinks in his system.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1173 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

He isn't too impressed with the Hawaiian Missionary because of its simple design.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1677 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The certificate of authenticity tells one "how authentic it is".

I guess I take my stamps 'mostly authentic', with a dash of 'partly authentic'.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1730 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add essayk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He's not interested in accuracy. He is interested in getting 100K subscribers for his channel. He will take the sensational track to do it, because he knows it sells. Reliable information is not his game. Maybe someday the Enquirer will come knocking with a job offer.

Stamp Collecting has again been made the butt of ridicule by cheap distortion dressed as enthusiasm. He doesn't care.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1797 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   11:12 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Videos like this are the basis of many of the ridiculous misidentified stuff seen on eBay. Note he doesn't bother to specify what makes these stamps worth more than their look alikes. Probably because he either doesn't understand or care to. He seems a nice young guy with a budding business of collectibles. Peddling baseball cards doesn't qualify you for stamp dealing unless you put time into getting a basic understanding of it.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4576 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all. This posting of mine is not a joke, so, I will explain what I saw. It was posted by a lady who really knows nothing about stamps. On this particular posting she showed some Canadian stamps. She commented on the war issue and stated 'here is a Canadian stamp with an unnamed man in uniform (King George VI) and a stamp from the Centennial series which she stated 'different Canadian scenes with a lady in the corner of them' (Queen Elizabeth II). If that isn't bad enough, she also shows stamps with creases, tears and corners missing and describes many stamps which are so common that they are in any collection as 'rare and valuable'. I still say the word 'rare' is used all too often and loosely.

I think that the lady means well, but, really should do some research on the items before she shows them.

My 5 cents worth anyway. <G>

Chimo

Bujutsu

Learn More...
7084 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   2:39 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only real weapon in this war is education.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2981 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks LordinVader.

The "Dude's" comments are priceless.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bujutsu: I may have seen the same one a couple of years ago. Most stamps seemed to be from the 50's or 60's. "Here is a blue one with a bridge on it, Here's a blue one with a train on it" And so on.

My favorite quote was "Remember, because of their age, these can only go up in value!" Or something like that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6056 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Idiots abound, sometimes doing far worse damage then this crap.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1497 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   7:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I liked the host's unibrow.

Jim
Valued Member
Australia
493 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   8:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This rubbish is all about getting 100K subscribers and $$$$$ from YouTube for the advertisements...

Pick any topic or subject, not just stamps, and you will find similar puerile nonsense.
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
Posted 08/21/2019   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've run into a couple general collectors recently who are woefully uninformed on stamps specifically, but it doesn't seem to stop them. The one very nice lady who consigns at a local antique/junk store, and knows her kitchenware and furniture, will buy random boxes of stamp junk for $50 sight unseen, because she's under the impression that old stamps are always valuable. Then she asks me to go through it, and I find around $5 worth of stuff and try to do a bit of education. But it's an uphill battle, as she has it fixed in her mind that a rare "1 penny black" worth enough to retire on is just around the corner (or in her case, at the bottom of the next box). Probably she's been watching videos like the one above!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05