Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inheritance U S Rare Stamps And Coins From Newfoundland

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add george patrick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
newbie ,just figuring out how to post my new inheritance.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add george patrick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
can.t get pics to go through
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add george patrick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pica
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3210 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't be too quick to assume rare stamps, as many, many are not. I just sent you an email. Please reply and I'll send you some instructions on how to work the picture uploading system here on SCF. Good Luck.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3210 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
George sent me a couple of blurry pics which include the higher value US Columbians. I think we do have some value in this collection. I can't wait until he figures out how to post more. Be sure to use scans in the future.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1576 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW

Are those 2 different 245s?
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   11:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly look different
United States
4 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add george patrick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the one with the yellow background is just a photo reciept.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
646 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
George

The one with the yellow background (PF Cert) appears to have different margins than the one on the page. Possible the collector owned more than one?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3210 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
George. The comments are that the certification is for one stamp, but the photo of the one in your collection is a different stamp. Therefore, the thought is that you have yet another $5 stamp somewhere else. It is also possible that someone bought a stamp many years ago and it was received with the wrong certification. That would be unfortunate. Once you are able to scan and post, please try working on the $5 stamp first. Lots of potential in your collection, by the way.
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, looks like this has potential.
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
George Patrick; just wanted to follow up, but don't run out and sell these stamps if you have them. The photo that was posted are not stamps worth millions; but hundreds, and maybe in the $1000+ range. Just want to make sure you don't get taken advantage of; and you'll find a lot of experts here that will give you good advice.

Hope you keep them as a collection; but from the one photo; you don't have the typical common low-value stamps that are old but not worth much monetarily that is usually posted here.

Best of luck; and hope you can post some more photos.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3210 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like George owns two copies of the 5$ stamp. This was attached to one of the photos that he sent to me. (I'm sorry that I didn't post it earlier.) So it looks like one copy is on an album page, while the other has been kept separate.
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
Posted 08/26/2019   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have these stamps, chances are you have other valuable stamps. If the collection is still together, I'd guess you have at least $10K worth of stamps - maybe more. By the time a US collector completes the Columbian commemoratives, he probably has a lot of the higher value stamps in other series too. Focus on the earliest stamps and the ones with the highest denominations. . . Do you have more PF certificates? If you just list them off along with the catalog numbers, folks here can give you an idea of the value.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05