Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Ecuador And Japan, Singles, Unused,

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   7:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Andyrich74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hit me up if you have something/duplicates you are looking to sell or trade for. Do not collect anything post-1990 at this point from either country. Hinged is fine.

Cheers!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Ecuador
156 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add novato to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
so only mint stamps¡? if you needed Ecuador used stamps, let me know.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Collect: Used stamps from Great Britain, Australia, Japan. used Australia KGV Heads. Used Australia Roos. Used Great Britain Queen Elizabeth II Heads (Machins)
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Started collecting Los Estados Unidos unused only; and am sticking to that! Me gusta los sellos de 1881 de Ecuador. Bonito. O dice stampanillas? (No se!...)

Apologies if my Spanish is awful; but love that series and thank you/gracias for the reply.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/25/2019   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich74

I have quite a few stamps of Ecuador. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Right now my entire collection of Ecuador is in a storage locker. I can retrieve it and search through it if you can tell me what to look for.
Valued Member
Ecuador
156 Posts
Posted 08/26/2019   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add novato to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
su espa#241;ol es mejor que el mio. gracias. si les decimos estampillas, y algunas personas también los llaman, sellos postales.

I agree, in the old stamps you can see the art of the designer and engraver.

I stopped collecting Ecuador many years ago, it is very expensive for me, well everything is very expensive after the Machins, ha
Collect: Used stamps from Great Britain, Australia, Japan. used Australia KGV Heads. Used Australia Roos. Used Great Britain Queen Elizabeth II Heads (Machins)
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/27/2019   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gettinold/Novato; looking for/quiero #'s 1-2, 6, 11, 198-215, 447-451, 465-470, 503-508, 509-513, 545-551. And everything from 1960-64 / y los anos en todo de 1960-1964.

Thanks/Gracias!

Estudiado Espanol en escuala por dos anos; no hablo Espanol bien, pero lo intendo!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/27/2019   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich74

I'm on it. Will get back to you with images of what I have.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/28/2019   01:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich74

Here are images of pre-1940 stamps. Specifically, Scott 11 with condition issues and 198 - 215 series with and without overprints. Most of these are used and would likely not be of interest to you. I have to return a few books to the library tomorrow and will take out the Scott catalog for Ecuador. Right now I'm using the 1840 - 1940 Scott that I own and I borrow catalogs from the library as needed for later issues.

The two images above are what appear to be a train overprint, one inverted, included these only because they're interesting in their own right.
Valued Member
Ecuador
156 Posts
Posted 08/28/2019   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add novato to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
nice stamps, I am interested in several of those because, I collect barred numerical postmarks.

No problem with me, finish your exchange and let me know what you need at the end.

Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/28/2019   7:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gettinold; I would be interested in any of the above that you have unused, although you are right, most look used but think I see a few that are not. Feel free to send a private message to me if you'd like to work something out. Very nice array of stamps!

Novato; I only collect unused, so if you have interest, go for it! Thank you for offering to wait, very nice of you.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/28/2019   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to the library today and found the 2019 Scott for Ecuador was already out. Made copies of the 2020 Scott pages and will post additional images of the items still on the list. More to come....
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/28/2019   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
10-4. I'm using the 2015 version for prices just to make sure I'm in the right zip code for buying online, but am pretty certain there has not been a major shift in demand for Ecuador. I'm guessing the same for Japan, but am just accumulating low-end stuff until I can learn more.

Just to be clear, are you wanting me to tell you what I am interested in potentially buying?

Thanks again!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/29/2019   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich74

Will PM you about that after I see what I can find that's on your list. The collection of Ecuador that I have is mainly early stamps. Very few later issues by comparison. I'm culling through this accumulation for the first time. Some additional stamps found.

Number of stamps in the accumulation in excess of 1000.
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/29/2019   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again; most look used, but where did you find all of those anyway?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
648 Posts
Posted 08/29/2019   9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andyrich74

Spent about five years buying collections and accumulations. Ended up filling a 10x10 storage locker. Retired 2014 and have been going through the material since then. Where and when these stamps were purchased is a question I can't answer. Simply can't recall. I can recall thinking when I first saw the accumulation, which was part of a larger accumulation, this guy really must have liked Ecuador. The number of stamps he had could be measured in pounds.
Valued Member
Learn More...
125 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Darn shame you are not within driving distance. Would love to see that locker! You are right, someone did like Ecuador...a lot.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05