Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Totally Inappropriate Post (But Still Kinda Funny)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1528 Posts
Posted 08/31/2019   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 08/31/2019   11:11 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Saw this awhile ago and had a good laugh.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
104 Posts
Posted 08/31/2019   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Loupy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm, hope its a self stick and not a lick & stick...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1725 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
USA stamps today are awful. Four more months and I'm done with them.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some business tips for USPS.

1. Limit distribution of stamps at local post offices.
2, Increase minimum purchase requirements so buyers have to purchase booklet panes or full sheets to get singles (what most albums require)
3, Make panes larger than many album pages so they cannot be easily assembled into a collection
4, Make stamps less soakable so harder to collect used stamps
5. Have clerks use meters to emphasize the need or how to use stamps.
6. Emphasize a stamp program in colorful labels so viewed more like stickers than US history
Al
Learn More...
7869 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   09:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion USPS missed the biggest boat by not becoming involved in the newest generation of postal systems, email. Its free and it gets delivered instantly, a little hard to compete with that with 'go to the PO, buy a sheet of self adhesive stamps, mail a letter, wait a week or two, the addressee will get your letter with a black Sharpie marker cancel'.

Coming up with 'good' stamp design subjects is not going to fix anything.
Don
Valued Member
177 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't stop laughing! Thanks for posting this. I broke down in tears (of laughter) reading this to my wife.
United Kingdom
1 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PhilipJPSmith to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These comments apply to the UK & Isle of Man as well!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
340 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No worse than some of the designs of recent years.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1244 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
angore's comments also apply to Canada.

Both of my sisters believed that the James Drummond article was probably true, showing how well done it was and that non-collectors missed the joke. Great humour and I'm too old now to be PC.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4022 Posts
Posted 09/01/2019   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, James.
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 09/02/2019   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the post office is hurting in the since people use email more which does not cost to send except an internet connection. Also alot more people are getting their bills online and paying online which means no checks or stamps used.

So in turn when those go down, I think it's mentally bringing down the moral of the postal system here, of which the local post offices suck big time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05