Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Guy Trying To Sort Through Grandpa's Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
31 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   06:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, Hab, you are off to a fantastic start! Welcome!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
St Helena sorted out...

Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   4:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just added Ascension to the mix...

Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like them alot.
Valued Member
Learn More...
136 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto. Really nice collection you have there. Thanks again for the photos.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Hab, I have a question for you. The little pieces of paper, are those the catalog number? Also, are you leaving room in case you get stamps that are in between the stamps you already have? In case you add stamps.
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Hab, I have a question for you. The little pieces of paper, are those the catalog number? Also, are you leaving room in case you get stamps that are in between the stamps you already have? In case you add stamps.

Yes sir, those are the catalogue numbers. I am leaving spots here and there but really this is sort of a stop gap storage solution for the collection. I plan on doing a really nice presentation type setup but I need to go through the entire collection to see where everything is at and I figured stock pages would be as good as anything to get everything straight.

Thanks to everyone who is following along and chiming in! I am really getting into this. I feel really privileged to have my grandpa's lifelong obsession and carrying on what he started. It means a lot seeing others appreciate what he did.
Edited by Hab - 09/22/2019 10:04 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a particular reason that you are using Stanley Gibbons numbering system?
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
Posted 09/22/2019   11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a particular reason that you are using Stanley Gibbons numbering system?

I don't have a book yet and it seems easy to use online so I rolled with it. Is there a better thing to be using?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4325 Posts
Posted 09/23/2019   01:16 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're collecting British Commonwealth stamps, SG is the best catalogue to use.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05