Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanted: Special Cancel In Honor Of Girolamo Savonarola – ferrara, Italy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

73 Posts
Posted 09/08/2019   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add profgreeley to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Please let me know if you have one, or come across one....

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
74 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked on eBay.it with no success. I asked one Italian seller who had several covers with similar-looking cancels, but so far no reply.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
73 Posts
Posted 10/05/2019   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for inquiring! I truly appreciate it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26780 Posts
Posted 10/09/2019   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go...........
None of which are mine, all Google.
Search text string was "philately savanarola" then images.........
Began reading Tom Wolfe's "Bonfire of the vanities" some years ago, but abandoned the reading.
Apparently the film is badly rated. (which is a surprise, I find Tom Hanks can do no wrong)

Edited by rod222 - 10/09/2019 9:04 pm
Valued Member
73 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing, Rod. I have the Trieste cover, but would like to get my hands on the others you shared.

I'll have to check out the film you mentioned. I'd like to see it even if the reviews were bad!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26780 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

No connection Professor,
In name only.

From the Inside Flap
Tom Wolfe's modern American satire tells the story of Sherman McCoy, a Wall Street "Master of the Universe" who has it all -- a Park Avenue apartment, a job that brings wealth, power and prestige, a beautiful wife, an even more beautiful mistress.
Suddenly, one wrong turn makes it all go wrong, and Sherman spirals downward in a sudden fall from grace that sucks him into the ravenous heart of a New York City gone mad during the go-go, racially turbulent, socially hilarious 1980s.
Valued Member
73 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add profgreeley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds a bit like Jay McInerney's Brightness Falls, which I really enjoyed reading.
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05