Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Misperfed KGV Unnoticed In Collections

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
786 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add finches to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Total of 6 KGV's that differ from what 'appears to be a standard height of 27.5 mm'....top perf trough to bottom perf trough.

5- are 29mm = additional full perf dia', and one not shown 28.5mm = additional perf dia'.

PS. Scan stamp placements not accurate, measurements are.

*Do members have other KGV values/colours with 'similar misperfs' in accumulations PLEASE*.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3632 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   02:34 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi finches

How are the watermarks and in what perf size?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3632 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   5:30 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This might help finches.

Quote:
Comb perf 14.25 X 14 counts 17 perf tips on the horizontal.
Comb perf 13.50 X 12.50 counts 16 perf tips on the horizontal.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
786 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV Collector,

Sorry...whilst uploading today's reply, yesterdays image of 6 eg's I have was mysteriously replaced by today's upload of a standard purple compared to a misperfed purple.

I did something wrong in resizing image for upload....many apologies. Anyway members understand occasional KGV stamp is misperfed as 1d purple demonstrates.
Edited by finches - 09/11/2019 10:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
786 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV collector,
2 x 1d Greens are Cof A,

1d Red & 1d Purple are Crown over A,

1 x 1d Green large multi,

1 x 1d Green Small multi

At this stage I don't consider perf guages relevent to misperfs BUT am happy to be corrected by learned collectors such as yourself.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3632 Posts
Posted 09/12/2019   09:17 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for clearing that up for me finches.

Will have a look at what I have left of my KGV's to see if I can add to this thread.

Thanks for your very kind words in more than one thread today finches!
France
1 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sunfort to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have several such stamps and wonder if they are the result of Double Perforations, where the paper between the two close perforations has been removed by the person who used the stamp
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3632 Posts
Posted 09/17/2019   6:49 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
10 years ago had so much Aus KGV info on the tip of my tongue.....

That really is an amazing image of a KGV 1d purple with very obvious different print sizes on the face of the stamps. Interesting no one has got an answer yet.
Edited by KGV Collector - 09/17/2019 6:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3243 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I'm a little dim today, but I don't see any difference in the stamp print sizes. What I see is one stamp with one misplaced vertical row of perforations, making the resultant stamp appear higher (taller). I'll have to search through mine, but this seems to be a non-issue to me, unless someone can point it out a little better to me.
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to agree with Partime, the stamp images seem to be the same size, whereas it is the physical size of the stamps that are different. Isn't that quite common, or how would we get jumbos?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3243 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The picture keeps changing. I can't figure out what we are discussing now. My previous comments were about a picture with two stamps of obviously different heights.
Now I see the stamps, all about the same height. Again, I don't see much here. Can you clearly point out the area of concern?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3632 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   6:03 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So the perforating machine has jumped a row to make the over all stamp longer?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
786 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KGV Collector,

Spot on, just an occasional MISPERF.
I was trying to ascertain .. "how common are TALLER 'misperfed' stamps". In 'my collection' misperfs ratio is one in 500....other collection ratios may differ considerably to a point of being common in all values, thus throwing my ratios out the door.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
786 Posts
Posted 10/08/2019   5:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add finches to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"IF" any collector is interested, same 'misperf' found in Aust' 1st w/m 4d Orange Kangaroo/map stamp.

Passing thought...did same worker unwittingly make these mistakes, from 1914 till retirement.?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05