Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Risqué 1914 Postcard "Change Your Bait" - Fort Riley, Kansas

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 03/08/2008   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

"Change your bait"

Apparently this is a soldier's postcard sent from Fort Riley, Kansas in March, 1914 to his parents in Clear Lakes, Idaho.

He writes: "This is what I tell all of them now, as I find it pays in the long run + is better than having a nun get me..."
I'm surprised this racy postcard got through the mail.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 03/08/2008   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice postcard with a clear cancellation

Where on earth do you find such treasures.

Dianne
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/08/2008   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You want risque ? I have one from the Crazy Horse in Paris !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 03/08/2008   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, but it must be suitable for a family forum. The forum guidelines are that it would have to pass the test: "Would you feel comfortable having your 10-year-old son or daughter looking at it." I think the one I posted passes that test, but if there are objections I will take it down.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9743 Posts
Posted 03/08/2008   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
T360 I see no problem with your postcard..i doubt if it would bother youngster either !!
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05