Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seller Sent Item Media Mail Vs Priority Mail

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

113 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Torin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased a lot of stamp souvenir pages that in the eBay listing under "Shipping" specified were to be sent via Priority Mail. When entering the tracking number on the USPS website, it indicates the package was sent Media Mail. Souvenir pages do not qualify for Media Mail.

If the package gets randomly inspected, what will happen to it and how would it affect me as the buyer? If it arrives postage due, I don't think there is a category in the eBay resolution center to seek a reimbursement of the postage due.

If I refuse the package, will I be able to file an INR case and win?

If the package arrives without postage due, should I leave neutral feedback and mention the incorrect shipping method?

What would you all do in this situation?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4317 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   2:46 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I should take a deep breath, relax and wait and see whether the package arrives unscathed before worrying.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
113 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's good advice, but it's good to be prepared as well knowing what my options are in this situation.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3512 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Torin - Did you pay for Priority Mail shipping?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6491 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
+++++++++++++++++What would you all do in this situation?+++++++++++++++

I would wait for the package. There may not be a problem at all

Peter
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To echo advice already given, relax, wait for the package and IF you actually paid for Priority Mail, I would request a refund of the price difference. Feedback is a very personal issue, so you do what you think is appropriate. Personally, I think leaving neutral or negative feedback for this situation is a bit drastic, especially if the items are satisfactory.
Valued Member
113 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam: Shipping was free, but it specified Priority Mail, under the "Shipping" tab.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
636 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If shipping is free, it can be sent any way the seller wants as you did not pay for a specific service since it was free..

eBay has a bad habit of changing sellers shipping to whatever they want.

I am curious why you are so PO'd?

This should in reality be posted on the eBay discussion boards, not here.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a couple recent purchases on eBay where a particular shipping method was listed but the seller shipped by a different, lower cost method. Had shipping not been free, I might have been a bit miffed.

On the flip side, I won a lot for four pounds of mixed worldwide off paper. The listing showed "standard" shipping but to my surprise the tracking number shows priority mail.

As others have advised, I would just sit back and wait for the package.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would wait it out, it may arrive fine. You are right he should not have sent it media mail. I have received packages with postage due before. After contacting the seller they have given me a refund for the difference. I can't say all seller's would be willing to make it right.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   8:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revenue N Covers to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Being forced to use the newest eBay cloud listing tool it tries to force which way you will send things all the time. There does not seem to be a way to say you will send things 1st class letter. The seller may not even know that is says priority on the listing. If it arrives undamaged I would figure that's most important right?
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have sold alot on eBay. I have totally quit cause theywayit is setup to sell. I do buy a few things occasionally that I need but thatsit.
Pillar Of The Community
634 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   11:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why is this a problem? The package will arrive, and you will have what you sent for. Unless you paid for shipping and the shipper paid much less than they said they'd pay, I really don't see why anyone would care???
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1707 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   03:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I might care, being away from home on rare occasions. Media mail is (I'm told) supposed to be treated as first class, but is certainly not. It is slower by several days at least with books via media mail often taking ten days cross country. I don't think it's a local problem. Of course, if your eBay seller has given themselves a 30-day window to deliver the item, there's nothing to be done.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1803 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   11:16 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently put an item out on eBay and clicked on the 'Economy Mail' box as shipping method. The listing appeared with 'Priority Nail Medium Box' as part of the description. I did NOT enter that or anything near to it. eBay just does as they want on this stuff.
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
alas another complaint about the 800 pound gorilla........unless you paid for a faster more expensive means of delivery I would sit back and await delivery, and if so then send a note to the seller. eBay does not care about anything except making money as evidenced by the number of complaints about there various changes. the only way this might change there practice is if enough people stop using them, and I doubt that will happen any time soon.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05