Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lundy - Listed In Scott?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
135 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Andyrich74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are stamps from Lundy even listed in the Scott catalogs? (Have the 2015 version, all volumes for worldwide.)

Much appreciated!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1711 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No. Lundy stamps are for local use only, and Scott does not include such stamps normally. They are only good for the island only, with mail going to the British mainland and beyond requiring additional British postage.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
135 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, thank you hy-brasil. I'll have to track down some other method of ID'ing and making sure I'm paying a reasonable price. Love the Puffins.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1711 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try:
http://www.acsc-history.info/lundy.aspx
no prices, but these are not expensive.
Valued Member
Learn More...
135 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again; had already found that web page doing a quick search. Need to stop looking at so many posts; makes me want to track down every stamp I see!
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billresh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Printing these pages will give you a complete nicely laid out album through 2017. The author gives permission to do this at the end.
Valued Member
Learn More...
135 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Billresh. Quite enamored with Steiner pages, so will likely use those. Much appreciated.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billresh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like Steiner pages also, but for Lundy they are not as complete and only go to 2006. Plus having pictures of the stamps is a real plus.
Valued Member
Learn More...
135 Posts
Posted 09/18/2019   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny, billresh, I used to think that having pictures/photos was nice, but have found with Steiner pages, I have to do a lot more (in some/many instances) looking up and researching what goes where. Sort of frustrating at times, but in the end, I feel I learn a lot more which has its own merits, in my opinion of course. I'll actually take stamps out of the dealer cards and envelopes that are marked and make myself look them up without the benefit of a pre-labeled Sc # dealer card after I verify that what was purchased, just to learn a bit. Maybe silly, but it is fun for me and think that's really the key to any hobby, enjoyment with something one considers time well spent.

To each his/her own; just personally enjoy the "hunting down" of what I have and then being able to mount a stamp, and know something about it. That's why Ecuador has been so much fun over the past 2 months; pretty inexpensive to collect, and something I knew nothing about, until now!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05