Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Philatelic Foundation Website Lacking Info

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
510 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   4:38 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 1typesetter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
During a recent search on the Philatelic Foundation website, I noticed a lot of items listed as such:

This is very unhelpful. No catalog number, no opinion described. I'm sure the certificate contains the info, but how is anyone to know what their opinion was? Anybody know why this is so?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1723 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why not bring this to the attention of the PF and ask them the question?

By the high cert number, I could guess that this was submitted but not processed for the website or absolutely, but that's just a guess.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6094 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have made them aware of the situation already.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6094 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a bug in the system as far as I am aware.
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
Posted 09/20/2019   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason the PF website is allowing you to view a recently submitted item for which they have not rendered an opinion or have not yet posted the final opinion. Based on the number that item was most likely submitted within the last 60 days.

Once the certificate is generated their site does not automatically update, but must be updated at a later time. I do not know how they do it, but this is based on my communication with them on other matters.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
Posted 09/20/2019   09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add therevenueman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps this could become a new feature, what is in the review pipeline.Would allow for a more real time look at whats going on. Updates are very slow to be posted- and they don not give a data date for the refresh. I doubt they have a full time web person.
Edited by therevenueman - 09/20/2019 09:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
3023 Posts
Posted 09/20/2019   10:12 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least, one can be happy that they have this feature on their website which allows for all of their certificates to be shown. Other such organizations consider these to be private so that one cannot obtain any information on what is on a certificate from them unless one is the owner of the item which makes one's research much harder.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6094 Posts
Posted 09/25/2019   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These items do have opinions; this is a bug, not a new feature.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3551 Posts
Posted 09/25/2019   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'For some reason the PF website is allowing you to view a recently submitted item for which they have not rendered an opinion or have not yet posted the final opinion. Based on the number that item was most likely submitted within the last 60 days.'
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6094 Posts
Posted 09/26/2019   07:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These stamps HAVE opinions; the opinion was supposed to have been posted with the images. Just as the surrounding number certs have opinions. The bug is that those opinions were not posted for some reason. It is a mistake, not a deliberate new thing.
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 09/27/2019   09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had the same problem with 3 of my submissions. I received the certificates (and stamps) back from PF, but the web site only displayed "WE ARE OF THE OPINION THAT" and nothing else. I called, spoke with David Petruzelli who asked me to hold for a minute so he could check things out. When he came back on the line he said that the problem was fixed and I was able to see that the opinions were shown online.
Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05