Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hawaiian Shirt Stamp Varieties

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 723Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

510 Posts
Posted 09/28/2019   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rismoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just found this- is this the one considered hard to find? I know it came in a whole bunch of formats and wasn't sure what all the types were. I could have swarn I skimmed an article just recently about it somewhere.

Thanks for your help!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7394 Posts
Posted 09/28/2019   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You show the booklet. It is also available as a strip of plate number coils, Scott 4601a. The strip has 5 different shirts

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
510 Posts
Posted 09/28/2019   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. I wasn't sure because I expected it to look like a booklet. I thought it was a pane.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7407 Posts
Posted 09/29/2019   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shirts always come in different sizes. :-)
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
Posted 10/01/2019   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billresh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]
STAMP MARKET TIPS

Aloha Shirt booklet is hot

by HENRY gitner and rick miller

United States — On Jan. 19, 2012, the United States Postal Service issued 32¢ Aloha Shirt stamps in five designs and two formats: panes of 20 (Scott 4592-4596) and coils (Scott 4597-4601).

On June 2, 2012, five 32¢ stamps with the same Aloha Shirt designs were issued in a booklet pane of 10 (Scott 4686b). We previously tipped this booklet pane in the Stamp Market Tips column in the Nov. 14, 2016, issue of Linn's.

Of the normally issued U.S. booklet panes in the 21st century, the 32¢ Aloha Shirts pane of 10 is the most difficult to find.

While the face value is only $3.20, the 2019 Scott Specialized Catalogue of United States Stamps and Covers values the mint booklet at $30. A mint vertical strip of five (Scott 4686a) is valued at $15. Individual mint stamps (Scott 4682-4686) are valued at $3 each.

This is a hot item. No one holds stocks of these stamps or booklet panes. Dealers are paying up to eight times face value for the booklet panes, which is remarkable for such a recent issue. Dealers pay less than that for strips and single stamps, but even those are worth buying and holding if you find them offered.

The booklet pane of 10 of the United States 32¢ Aloha Shirt stamps (Scott

4686b) is hot, with dealers offering to buy it for as much as eight times face value ($3.20). The booklet pane was issued June 2, 2012./quote]
This is from the October 7, 2019 issue of Linns
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 723Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05