Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hingeless Album Choice

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 10/17/2019   11:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Moneil, I too would have liked to have gone with the 9" x 12" size, but could not seem to find a binder to accommodate that size, other than the off the shelf Harris 3-rings. What do you use?

My US collection up to 2000 was in Harris Liberty albums, and then I picked up a couple of used Harris Citation albums (adding a lot of additional stamps in the process) at a reasonable price. That got me hooked and I'm up to 5 Citation binders, which I'm using for my non US collection.

I also had stamps in Lighthouse VARIO stock sheets. I read here about the Lighthouse GRANDE system. The GRANDE stock sheets measure 9.5 x 12.25 inches. I use my guillotine paper cutter#8197;to trip 1/2" off the top and 1/4" off the right side, punch 2 holes to align with the Harris album posts, and they fit right into my albums.

I didn't think of it at the time as I didn't know about the Lighthouse GRANDE size (just the 8.5 x 11 VARIO), but the GRANDE binders would be an option. Their page prices are very high, but here is what I'd do:

Neenah® Bright White Premium Card Stock, Ledger Size (11 x 17 inches), 65 Lb, package of 250, $29.99. That is at Office Depot, and there is almost always a 20% off coupon floating around that I use.

If one doesn't have a guillotine paper cutter (which can be expensive) print shops (including Office Depot) charge usually 75 cents a cut, so $1.50 to trip a ream of ledger paper down to whatever size you want. They can probable do the hole punch also.

Then get Lighthouse GRANDE binders.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
162 Posts
Posted 10/17/2019   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hopefully a great minds think alike moment... Printed Lundy Island on that.

I'd have to get a new printer to up-size to the 9" x 12" but I like that idea. Any suggestions on a printer?

For what it is worth, printed Ecuador on Neenah Astroparche with sort of a parchment look to it. Different, but I like it with black showgard mounts.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05