Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Binder Options For Minkus Pages?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 481Next Topic  
Valued Member
227 Posts
Posted 10/10/2019   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add canyoneer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a Minkus Comprehensive Album that I would like to rehouse in a set of binders that would allow the pages to "lay flat". The current Minkus 2 post binders are pretty tight. The pages are 9.5" x 11.5" in size. I thought about lighthouse binders but those would only house 8.5 x 11.0 without sticking out. Anyone every tackle this? I'm not adverse to re-punching the pages. Thanks for any advice you might have!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4966 Posts
Posted 10/10/2019   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may be looking at the wrong Lighthouse system. The Lighthouse Grande should be big enough

https://www.leuchtturm.com/ringbind...lipcase.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered a bunch of Lighthouse Grande binders to house my Russia pages, which are about 9.6"x11.2". I think your Minkus pages are close to this size, and should fit well. Keep in mind that these binders come in 3-hole (US) and 4-hole (rest of world?) configurations.
Pillar Of The Community
792 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I own (actually "owned") a few Minkus albums filled with stamps. I also wanted to put the pages into better loose-leaf binders. I later gave up on the idea, choosing to transfer all the stamps to my Scott Specialty albums instead, but in my research, I looked at various 3-ring and multi-ring formats. I finally settled on the 22-ring European format as the best looking and sturdiest.

Buying 22-ring binders was easy enough from the UK and elsewhere. For punching the holes in the Minkus pages, though, obviously I needed an entirely different hole punch than the usual American 3-ring punch. I found one on eBay for not too much money. It worked fine. Hole punching Minkus pages was easy enough to do. And they looked good in the 22-ring looseleaf binders. Maybe too complicated for what you want, though?

If you want to look into this, however, the two best 22-ring binders I found were the Salisbury binder sold by Dauwalder's Stamp Shop online in the UK and the Marini-Yvert binder. The latter I found used on eBay in France, Italy or the UK. Subway Stamp Shop was clearing out some old stock Marini binders, so I bought them. I'm still using both brands of these 22-ring binders, but not for Minkus pages. The pages looked a lot better in those binders than in the usual 3-ring binders I tried. Check Dauwalders online for size of binders and prices. Shipping is no more difficult than shipping from the U.S., but will take a little extra time.
Edited by DrewM - 10/13/2019 01:04 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05