Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Minkus All American - What Is The Proper Order For Pages?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
16 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add usmedalman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am getting back into collecting after a 40-year break. I dug out my old All American album, last updated in 1974, and in looking through it, I think I put the pages back in some random order. New supplements just arrived for 1975 - 1980 (which is where I want to end). I thought I should take the time to properly reassemble the album.

Any advice on what the original order for the All American pages was would be greatly appreciated. I don't plan to include post cards, envelopes or UN issues.

Thanks in advance for you help.
John
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
Posted 10/11/2019   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to own an All American album. As I recall, all the definitive (regular) issues were first followed by the commemoratives and the airmails. And then the BOB. You have some supplements; you can us that as a guide to organize.

Some collectors like this division of issues, others can't stand it. It made more sense to me than Scott's organization.

The Minkus catalog had much more description for each issue than Scott, too. I thought that was great as it was not that easy to find information like that (this was way before the WWW).
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
16 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add usmedalman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germania. Would the BOB be stuff like the tax stamps, hunting stamps etc? Where would you place the Postage Due stamps?

I agree with your comments about the Minkus album. I like the short stamp descriptions and like that regulars and commemoratives are numbered differently.
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   10:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postage dues are considered BOB. If you have an old Minkus catalog you can use that as a guide to organize your stamps. Or organize the way you want. The catalog is just a guide, not the bible.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05