Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

India Officials Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stamps4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have these 2 stamps and I see what I think to be Scott O148, the R one. But I dont see the L one in the Scott catalogue. Measure both at 14 x 14, but the left one is wmk 196... What is the the L one(Scott no.)? Anyone. Tks much

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5717 Posts
Posted 10/12/2019   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just have a Gibbons with me at the moment, but the stars wm are 1950-51 (SG O162), and the upright Asokan capital wm are 1958-1971 (SG O187). Does that help find it? Gibbons also notes that the capitals can appear pointing to either side, for a tiny premium.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1801 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This left one is O123, which Scott describes as brown red vs O149's rose red. Looks right to me. Gibbons lists both as perf 14, not the different perf measurements that Scott gives. I'll bet this is an old mistake that never got fixed.

I have at least one rupee value of each issue, and both issues measure 13.9 x 13.8.
Edited by hy-brasil - 10/13/2019 01:04 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
tks much. Would either of you all or anyone else have pics of Scott RA1, RA2 and RA3 Tax Stamps. Just trying to confirm mine....
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hy-brasil -

Quote:
This left one is O123, which Scott describes as brown red vs O149's rose red. Looks right to me. Gibbons lists both as perf 14, not the different perf measurements that Scott gives. I'll bet this is an old mistake that never got fixed.

I have at least one rupee value of each issue, and both issues measure 13.9 x 13.8.

I have the 2019 Scott catalogue. this pic is from one of my albums. Scott doesnt list the two 4 annas - do you think they missed that also in the catalogue?

Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
39 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i have this one amongst the set which being an absolute ignoramus is debiliatingly frustrating! I noticed you said you didnt have anything on the 4A ?
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ok, I made a boo boo. I got the stamps reversed in the 1st pic. Here is the correct one -
wmk 196 on the left and 324 on the right. both are 14x14 and the 2019 cat for Scott still only lists 13 stamps for the 1950's not the 14 I have in my album.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1801 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps4life, the 4 anna ultramarine is #O126 and is currently listed in the Scott catalog separately from the rest of the stars watermark stamps (#O113-25). The 1949 issue date given in your album is apparently wrong, though.

lostandfound, your stamp is in the set shown above it. The reds and purples can be fugitive/soluble in water so can vary quite a bit, plus there were no doubt multiple printings of the issue until the issue was retired in 1957 when the currency changed.

Edited by hy-brasil - 10/14/2019 12:26 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
got it. tks hy-brasil
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1801 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1971 Refugee Relief issues:

Scott RA1 at left, RA3 at right. Just like Scott shows them.

I'm not sure what RA2 looks like. I can assume it is a printed overprint, of which, along with rubberstamp handstamps, there are many. These are clearly footnoted by Scott. Some are illustrated here:
https://www.thedailystar.net/supple...ions-1330345

Edited by hy-brasil - 10/14/2019 12:39 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27211 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   05:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Refugee relief.
Image : Mr. Chris Doran.

Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Scott RA1 at left, RA3 at right. Just like Scott shows them.

I'm not sure what RA2 looks like. I can assume it is a printed overprint, of which, along with rubberstamp handstamps, there are many. These are clearly footnoted by Scott. Some are illustrated here:
https://www.thedailystar.net/supple...ions-1330345

Tks much - I was trying to get a look at RA2. I saw the others as mentioned in Scott. Tks for the photos and the link to the very interesting article.
Valued Member
Learn More...
167 Posts
Posted 10/22/2019   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hate to beat a dead horse, can anyone verify Scott India O123, perf sizes and color ? I took it to the local stamp club and was told mine is 13.5 x 14 NOT 14 x 14.... Its the wmk 196 on the 10/13 post.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05