Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1888 Switzerland SC 92

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

54 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add justme to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had been using this forum to learn about stamps and had bought two lots with some okay stamps. A couple of weeks ago I went to an auction and bought some more. There are some real good ones. I have some Great Britain Victorias that I haven't learned the plate numbers yet an still finding great stamps. I just ran across this one though. It's a 9.5 perf which makes it more rare than the other of its kind.
I think I have found something with this one. What do you think?
Thanks

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
239 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks indeed to be a perf 9.5 Scott #92 with a nice catalog value. Do remember that catalog value is based on a stamp with very fine centering and no faults. The missing perfs at bottom left and the toning will detract from said value.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1829 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   12:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you have it right and the cancel date helps prove it. To pull no punches, any faults detract considerably from the catalog value.
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, if I were grading it for resale I'd call out 3 points for the toning and two for the short and pulled perfs. That's 1/32 catalog for the street price. Somewhere in the $10-15 range...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05