Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

3 Grill Stamps - Request For An Opinion

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Poland
38 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   05:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sopotsopot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All 3 stamps have had a hard life.

90 cent - poorly centered, creased, thinned.
15 cent - top right corner added or repaired, thinned.
24 cent - poorly centered, possibly reperfed at bottom, both top corners repaired.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
772 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding the grills, though only close inspection can validate, I don't see any red flags on the first two stamps (putting aside the damage pointed out). They are probably legit H grills. But the 24c is not right. It might be a double grill, but that doesn't seem likely either. The grilled 24c should be an F grill with 12 or 13 columns. That stamp has way too many columns - so I'd guess it might be a fake grill.
Edited by rlsny - 10/15/2019 4:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1737 Posts
Posted 10/18/2019   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add essayk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the 24c I count 12or13 x 16 points. That is in range, but that merely means that a MUCH better image is necessary to be sure of anything. The stamp does have some problems, but not enough to despise a genuine grill if it has one. If my count of the points is correct, you should probably send it to APEX or even the PF for an opinion. Not sure who to recommend for someone in Europe.

Regarding the H-grill candidates, you might send them in too. I don't think the 15c has a corner repair, but it does have a crease with broken fibers.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
772 Posts
Posted 10/18/2019   11:11 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
essayk, I think you are right, because of the angle the photo is taken at it looks like the stamp is on its side. But I see from the "25" it is just upside down. So, yes, it could be a legit grill.
Valued Member
Poland
38 Posts
Posted 10/19/2019   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sopotsopot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to take some better pictures. I was very interested in your exchange of opinions.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
772 Posts
Posted 10/19/2019   4:49 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there's much to add. Two H grills and an F grill most likely. All three are high catalog value stamps but due to the faults - as described by Germania - will have values substantially below that.
Pillar Of The Community
6531 Posts
Posted 10/19/2019   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sopotsopot

I dont want to interfere with experts replying to you, but some times I use one of my image manipulation software to see it better..You probably dont need this post..But just for your information

Robert

Valued Member
Poland
38 Posts
Posted 10/20/2019   01:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sopotsopot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all very much for your help. I am impressed with your knowledge and willingness to help
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05