Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Release Albumeasy 4.1 Also On Mac - Free Album Software

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   12:52 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add clivel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am pleased to announce the release of AlbumEasy V4.1.

This release contains a few enhancements, bug fixes, and new features, but the really big news is that AlbumEasy is now also supported on the Apple MAC.

Changes for this release:

• New: ALBUM_PAGES_FOOTER_PAD used to adjust the spacing between the page border and text in the page footer.
  • New: STAMP_BOXES_ADJUST_SAVE and STAMP_BOXES_ADJUST_RESTORE commands to temporary disable the STAMP_BOXES_SIZE_ADJUST
  • Enhancement: The STAMP_BORDER_STYLE command now accepts a BLANK parameter to create a frameless stamp box.
  • Enhancement: As of this release AlbumEasy will automatically detect and convert a range of Unicode formatted text files. This includes the formats supported by Windows Notepad and other text editors.
  • Bug fix: Justified text generated by the PAGE_TEXT_PARAGRAPH_START command, that contained some international characters, could lose characters at line beginnings - fixed.
  • Bug fix: Truetype font file extensions are no longer case-sensitive. Previously only files ending with .ttf or .ttc extensions were usable. While files with .TTF and .TTC extensions were ignored.
  • Bug fix: The ALBUM_AUTHOR and ALBUM_TITLE commands now support internationalised text.

As always, AlbumEasy is completely free. Versions for Windows, Linux and now the Apple Mac may be downloaded from http://www.thestampweb.com/

Please feel free to contact me for any questions, suggestions or bug reports.
Regards,
Clive
Send note to Staff
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Edited by clivel - 10/16/2019 12:58 pm

Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 10/18/2019   03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello from Trench Town,

Thank You
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 10/23/2019   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those who may not know, the Computers and Stamps column in the November 4th issue of Linn's gives an overview of AlbumEasy. I happened across it this morning while browsing the issue.

It reminds me I need to download and install this latest version.

Dale
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
Posted 10/23/2019   3:36 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dale,
Thanks for the heads-up, first I hear of it. I will have to try and get a copy of Linn's. Unfortunately, my local library doesn't carry it.
Is the article at least positive?
Thanks,
Clive
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 10/23/2019   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive,

I think it's a good summary and overview of AlbumEasy. If you send me a message with your email address I'd be happy to send you a copy.

Dale
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
Posted 10/23/2019   5:32 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dale.
Valued Member
United States
42 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbuss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why does it take over 6 hours to download the program on my iMac? This is somewhat discouraging as I have been looking for a Mac compatible album program for quite some time.
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   9:39 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello dbuss,
I am not sure why it is taking so long to download on your iMac, could it be a problem with your internet service provider?

The file is 27Mbyte, it takes less than a minute to download on my computer.

Clive
Valued Member
Canada
427 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just downloaded (Windows version, but same source) and it was fast.
Valued Member
11 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just downloaded the latest version 4.1.0, but I am still not able to get multi-line text working with the STAMP_ADD command.

I have several old files which still use the STAMP_ADDX commands, and those work as desired, but I know that commanad was supposed to be replaced by multi line STAMP_ADD since ver 3.8.

From my TXT file:

ROW_START_FS (TN 8 0.2 8.0)
STAMP_ADD (29.0 32.0 "Sc B7" "Mi 95 \n Ty 1 Ovpt" "" "" "7 H on 5 H \n Ty 1 - 16mm" "")

STAMP_ADDX (29.0 32.0 "Sc B7a" "Mi 95" "Ty 2 Ovpt" "" "7 H on 5 H" "" "" "Ty 2 - 14mm" "")

BUT, what I get on the PDF
Line 1 = the letter 'n' inserted between my text (both inside the box and below).
Line 2 = works as expected (three text lines in the box and two center lines below the box).

Valued Member
United States
42 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dbuss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tried downloading the Mac version again. This time everything worked quickly and I was able to open the program without any problems. Now I will try to see if I can manage this rather unconventional software (to me) and see if I can produce the results I am looking for.
Valued Member
Canada
202 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   7:33 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just downloaded the latest version 4.1.0, but I am still not able to get multi-line text working with the STAMP_ADD command.

Hi BrentAbba,
The original STAMP_ADD command required 6 text parameters. Three lines of text inside the stamp box and the three text items underneath.

As a way of simplifying the command, while at the same time adding functionality, the new STAMP_ADD command only requires 4 text items: one for inside the stamp and three for below the stamp. It also now processes "\n" new line indicators inside text items to generate multiple lines of text inside or under the stamp.

In order to maintain backwards compatibility with older albums, if a STAMP_ADD command has 6 text items, it is processed in exactly the same way that an older version of AlbumEasy would have processed it. If it has 4 text items, it is treated as the new command which accepts new line indicators.

So, to cut a long story short, changing:
STAMP_ADD (29.0 32.0 "Sc B7" "Mi 95 \n Ty 1 Ovpt" "" "" "7 H on 5 H \n Ty 1 - 16mm" "")
to:
STAMP_ADD (29.0 32.0 "Sc B7 \n Mi 95 \n Ty 1 Ovpt" "" "7 H on 5 H \n Ty 1 - 16mm" "")

I hope that is clearer now.

Quote:
Tried downloading the Mac version again. This time everything worked quickly and I was able to open the program without any problems. Now I will try to see if I can manage this rather unconventional software (to me) and see if I can produce the results I am looking for.

Good news dbuss, please feel free to contact me either via the forum or my website it you have any questions.
Many people who have tried AlbumEasy find it an effective and productive way of generating album pages once they have gotten over the initial learning curve. Unfortunately however, there are others who don't like the program at all. Hopefully you will fall into the former group.

Clive

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05