Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Took Pictures Of My Grandpa's Stamp Collection. Would Love Some Insight!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mjuszczak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone -- finally took pictures of my Grandpa's stamp collection and would love some insight:

Full album here:

https://ibb.co/album/mwb70a

Reduced photos in-line:

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
7398 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   1:48 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
This appears to be a good start on a new hobby.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27479 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great memories from Grandpa!
I liked the Great Britain Air Letter Sheet (1948 Olympic games)

What you show, is like the ingredients of a cake.
The industry lies in attempting to organise the stamps into a coherent collection, (the baking and the tasting ) this could take the rest of your life....

Are you up to the challenge?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
755 Posts
Posted 10/16/2019   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, and that is a nice starter collection. I believe that is a Unitrade #457 - 4c red in a block of 10, from the 1967 Centennial issue from Canada.

As well, keep those hinges for your best items if you use them, as they are the older true peelable type. The new ones are no where as good.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 10/17/2019   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mjuszczak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the insight, all! To be honest, I don't intend to continue this collection. I lead a very minimalistic life style (could put everything I own in a car), so I don't have the passion for this. I have thought about it, but I think I'm going to sell these on eBay. I appreciate the thoughts.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05