Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thank You Much It's Been Nice

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
7399 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   08:59 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The original poster made a mess of the thread by repeatedly editing (11 times) the posts including removing the images. I added them back and added a request that they not break the thread. This was ignored and the image removed again so the OP has been given a 'time out' for now.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fair enough. I was not on the page yesterday when all this was posted.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6570 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the original post in the thread, they didn't ask anything,

Dave, the original post made a different statement, but the OP edited not only the original post but also the heading.
Last night it read totally different

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1737 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add essayk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I see "Thank you its been nice" I infer "Bon Voyage" OP didn't like what s/he was getting.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BFRomeos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been away for a while, but it looks like business-as-usual here in the neighborhood...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3284 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, not business as usual. Just a question we've seen many times with the same type of answer we've given many times. The original poster made some changes, including the thread title, which made the thread very confusing. I'm on the fence as to whether we should just delete the entire thread, or change the title back and then lock out further comments. In any case, the moderators are doing a great job of letting most discussions continue with minimal censorship.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3271 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rather than "Variations on a Theme by Paganini", this was variation on a theme by treasure hunter.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3864 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On The Etiquette of Editing an OP

If you are editing a post to which others have already responded - especially an OP - use the [S] button, to wit:

This is the sentence where I made a fool of myself when I said that the Dark Side of the Moon is, like, really dark.

Were I to delete that sentence entirely, I would be saving myself a bit of face, but I would be making my Forum Brothers look like babbling idiots, because no one will know that to which they responded so thoughtfuly.

So let's leave the artifacts of unartful posts in place, where they belong, by just striking them dead.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again , how long is the process to get these certified. Is it worth it I know the value of 11x11 flat plate red 2 cent Washington. But don't know about the two green ones!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5724 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without good high resolution scans it's too hard for me to tell. They all look to have condition issues. Here is a great place to help you identify which types they are and what features to look for.

http://stampsmarter.com/features/SQ...rank_ID.html
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know how, but thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5724 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the look of things I'm guessing you're using a mobile phone and not a scanner? You'll need some kind of program which allows you to crop the wasted space. The take a picture of each stamp individually and crop the background to the edge of the stamp so you can get a nice high detail picture like this.

Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay I try it
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It usually takes 4-6 weeks to get a stamp and certificate back once you send it in. I'd guess yours would come back a lot quicker since they are easy to identify. It is not worth it for these super-common stamps in poor condition.
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thank you
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05