Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Photobucket How Do I Get My Images Back To Working Order?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   7:42 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Old news about photobucket granted but I want my images back.

Have been searching but not getting very far.

So the issue is do I swallow my pride and buy my images back to straighten out my images on SCF?

The KGV images were taken off me more than 12 months before photobucket moved their platform. Have tried to talk with PB with no success.

So am wondering how much it would cost me to go back into a paid for photobucket account. Fix my images and close it all down again.

Wonder what would cost me? How would I go about it?

Would like to hear from others about this situation that I find myself in. Any ideas?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   9:36 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Need 38 images for the main topic on this Australia KGV thread. There are more but the target is 38.

Just found 14 of the images on my old laptops image files.

Have just tried to get into photobucket and have a look for the images concerned.
Just "saved as image" from photobucket files and I have a copy in my picture files with no watermark or being out of focus. Have book marked this link. It is very slow to load.

Question: If I was to delete a heap of images I do not need in this PB file will my stored image allowance come into play and free up my images? I wonder if I get the storage in this file down maybe I will have storage that stop my images being watermarked and out of focus?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1907 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You need to read this thoroughly:
http://goscf.com/t/54965&whichpage=1
And no, your images placed here or anywhere else will still be blurred and watermarked without that paid account, no matter your usage level.

When Photobucket will not respond to you, why would someone here have a solution for you? Since you have read the above, you know it's all due to Photobucket and nothing to do with anyone else. I'd use a different provider if I were you and use SCF to store images used on SCF. You may not want to back up images used here, but that's up to you.
Edited by hy-brasil - 10/24/2019 10:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   10:46 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   11:02 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This image was lifted 2hrs ago from photobucket as an image saved into my laptop files and then through SCF image hoister to this post.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   11:20 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is another image lifted from photobucket today. Having a lot of trouble getting pages to load on Photobucket. It might be because of my on line hook up.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   11:39 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread link gives some background to where we are at here.

http://goscf.com/t/69443
Edited by KGV Collector - 10/24/2019 11:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/24/2019   11:51 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For about 4 years I have not been able to get near these images on photobucket. That is about 12 months before they changed their platform.

Today I did a search on photobucket for my old files. To my total shock I found my lost for many years PB file. So glad I book marked it.

But I am not sure if they will let me passed the 1st 6 pages or the last 6 pages. If I can get to the last 12 pages I would have my threads images back.

At least I am getting somewhere by opening up this issue.

Am looking for experience here.

Want my threads images back. It was a lot of work getting that thread up and running.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 10/25/2019   07:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Foe those that used Photobucket, did you not keep a local copy of images? I never use an online source as my only copy.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/25/2019   6:55 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting that it looks like I am the only one in this situation with a thread's images from photobucket.

Or no info could be that I am out of step because all the fuss was some years ago now.

But I still found have 16 of the 38 images I am looking for.

Looks like PB link I have will not let me passed the 1st 6 and last 6 pages.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 10/25/2019   7:17 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Foe those that used Photobucket, did you not keep a local copy of images? I never use an online source as my only copy.

Joined SCF with zero computer knowledge and that thread I am on about was the 1st work I had done by myself. Could not even load an image. Am sure Bobby remembers that one.

And yes I had no idea about storing images except that PB was a safe normal computer tool. So I was told.

The original tower totally fried 9 years ago. By selling stamps we got our 1st laptop. Was still using auction houses to sell stamps back then.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   11:01 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I have gotten passed the block after 1st 6 pages and the last 6 pages on PB.

When the blocking happens press on their add then hit the go back button and repeat.

It is slow with only one image at a time and it does miss a few images. But have most of my images back. Still some missing but will work on it. Need to find some time now to fix my threads.

With this find I can patch up some other threads as well hopefully.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27466 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

John,
check your post you made to me today.
PostmasterGS has come to your rescue.............
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3662 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   12:12 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod's prompt above was to an amazing post for me by PostmasterGS . Go team SCF.

Quote:
KGV,

When I view that thread using Safari, Firefox, or Chrome, the images are blurred. But... they're not with Brave. You might download it and give it a try. It somehow blocks PB's code that blurs the images.

I think I got all your images from that thread. You can download the zip here.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2559 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing !!
Al
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05