Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

White Ace Products At Subway

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 946Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   1:03 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had recent experience in locating these at Subway? I am looking for some country pages and per their website they have all of them in stock. I really find that hard to believe. I will call them early next week and report back what they tell me. Meanwhile has anyone bought any of these from them in the past few months?
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
8270 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   1:19 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 10/26/2019   2:25 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don thanks. I was aware the company had been sold to AlCO but I wasn't aware they will be producing reprints of the entire line, or at least the better sellers. I thought they planned to just do supplements.

With that in mind I can assume Subways listing is probably correct in having a full run of their pages for their country albums. Still best to check before ordering I guess, will do so next week and report back.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
Posted 11/01/2019   11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turff49 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They probably don't. I've tried ordering several things from them. Place my order and then a couple days later get an email stating the items are on back order. Then it's another couple days to get my card credited back.
I'm not sure they actually have anything in stock.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   12:54 am  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same just happened to me.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   4:12 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update, Subway has NONE of the ten or so items I called to ask about. I also called Golden Valley, they show on their inventory that they had 1-2 @ of some so I left them a list and they told me to call back late this week.

Anyone else trying to locate decent stock on these on eBay? Boy what a bunch of dreck. Page units described as 'new' with parts of them chewed up, etc.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Turff49 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not the pages. I'm looking for the Christmas Seal Binders. Could use about 10 more of them.
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldmanriver to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Older stuff like White Ace is getting harder to find all the time. If you do find anything on eBay, it's priced pretty high from what I've seen. I bought a couple of supplements that we supposedly never opened, still sealed. But when I got them, it was pretty obvious that they were opened. One had a few pages missing. Have had the same thing happen with Harris supplements too. Been looking for a White Ace Vatican City binder for several years (new or good used condition) but no luck so far anywhere.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1925 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   2:50 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
White Ace and Harris pages and supplements usually are in un reinforced lightweight envelopes. Many being sold on eBay have been in storage for years or sitting in a dealer's box on a store shelf, many of them arrive with missing pages, dings, etc. I reuse to buy anything like this unless the seller shows what the pages themselves look like. 'Like new' usually means nothing to these folks. I had set of White Ace pages arrive last year with the entire left side of all the pages looking like rats had chewed on them.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 11/07/2019 2:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
792 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's always been my experience that Subway Stamp Shop doesn't store many things but gets them from their suppliers like Amos Media (Scott). I imagine they plan to do the same with White Ace from whomever reprints those pages. It can be frustrating to order things and find the company doesn't have them there to send out immediately, but that seems to be the modern business practice.

As for White Ace pages and binders being hard to get, who would have thought? I mean, seriously, the company went out of business last year.

Most things purchased on eBay ought to be returnable if found not acceptable.

If pages you buy or own are in bad shape, why not reprint them yourself? It's easy enough to buy paper of the weight and shade that matches what you have already, especially for standard 8.5 x 11" pages like White Ace, and photocopy the old, tired pages onto new paper stock. Punch the holes and use a cheap corner rounder, and you have brand new "White Ace pages". Assuming you have pages to copy from, of course. Or use Steiner pages and put them into White Ace binders. Not quite the same, but similar.

As for the binders, why search for years for a matching WA binder when any good 3-ring binder will work just fine? Get a heavy duty one, make sure it's black, and add a slipcase (available on Amazon -- just search "slipcases") and you're in business. Amos Media/Scott sells good 3-ring binders (with slipcases!) that will work just fine. Add a label to the spine, if you like. I never liked WA binders as they were much too heavy for my taste. And their plastic slipcases were just awful. I did like their over-the-top page designs with all the colors, large page headings, and so forth.
Edited by DrewM - 11/12/2019 02:13 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 946Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05