Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ireland Soar (Stamps On A Roll) Iinformation

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 3,812Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32140 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Guys and Gals........
Wow, nice link Jill...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5726 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another find from SOAR kiloware. This stamp has a local cancel, so it has been taken from a large envelope or a parcel which was locally cancelled by a mail clerk at his/her station.

The thermal printing is absent, and there is no indication that the stamp has been mechanically altered (scraped). Long wave UV light shows no changes to the paper surface.

Could the stamp have been chemically treated to remove thermal printing, or was it applied to the envelope/parcel as an unprinted label? Thank you for your response.

Valued Member
Ireland
253 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a mint strip of these "blanks" at a recent Exhibition.
As far as I know (I have thousands unsorted), I only have one "blank" and it is from the "Objects" 2017 series. It is from kiloware but not cancelled but I dont think this is significant because the machines often miss the stamp.
While local cancellation usually means parcel or other special postage, ordinary national rate stamps are sometimes stamped in a local office. I would speculate that this might be if service or collection is running late.
In the case of your stamp, Id speculate that there is a faulty printer and the Post Office clerk has hand-stamped the stamp as an "acceptance" that the sevice for whatever the rate has been paid in full.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5726 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again FitzjamesHorse!
Valued Member
Ireland
253 Posts
Posted 11/30/2019   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The SOAR fans might find this interesting.
This week I updated my spread sheet of post offices in the Republic of Ireland.
In September 2018 around 150 were scheduled to close and most of these closures have now taken place. A few have been reprieved and remain open. Changing demographics means 37 new post offices have been opened. Most of these new offices are located in filling stations, large supermarkets etc. Some seem to offer a 24 hour service.
In most cases the new offices seem to offer a more limited service but all sell stamps.
At this stage, I dont know if these would be stamps from sheets or booklets or whether they would be SOAR labels issued at a counter or maybe from a self service machine.
So all of a sudden, I have a lot more post offices to visit and photograph and maybe even a lot more SOAR labels to find.
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
963 Posts
Posted 02/10/2020   06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Galeoptix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FitzJamesHorse,

Quote:
I have now sorted the Ireland kiloware I bought in June into three baskets. The first basket is coil and booklet stamps which are only fit for burning. The second basket is SOAR stamps and while I have already taken out the post offices on my list, many of these stamps will find their way into my collection. The variety of designs and values means I really don't mind "duplication". The third basket are commemorative stamps. They are all of course "duplicates" but I am no longer exclusing a small variety of duplicates from my stamp albums.

Please do NOT burn anything! Send me a PM before you do so ;)

Rein [Galeoptix]

http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/eire/e...e_1_soar.htm
Ireland
2 Posts
Posted 09/16/2020   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RevRed to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. Is there a list available of Post Office names to match the codes used on SOARs? Thanks.
Ireland
2 Posts
Posted 09/16/2020   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RevRed to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. Is there a list available of Post Office names to match the codes used on SOARs? It would be very helpful as I could then try to get SOARs from the post offices that I do not have.Thanks.
RevRed.
Netherlands
1 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PdW to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there, maybe this issue has been addressed before, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove these SOAR-stamps from paper. I see some pictures of used stamps without paper, so it must possible.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 3,812Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.13 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05