Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

About Donation Subscriptions.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Forum Dad
USA
1498 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So Paypal went through and changed all the donation subscriptions to automatically cancel after 1 failure. It's never been that way, it's always been after 3. 99% of people that fail the first time, fix whatever the problem is and the payment goes through fine 3 or 4 days later. Supporter status is never removed.

So now they're canceling it after it after one and telling the donator I cancelled it. And it's upsetting some people.

So another change they made is to allow me to change the number of attempts before cancellation. So last night I changed them all back so they'll try a few times before cancelling, which would certainly seem people prefer since they almost always fix the problem.

So they must send some kind of email saying the subscription was updated and it must be poorly worded because I woke up to nasty emails this morning about stealing money and 22 subscriptions cancelled. Who knows if these people will even post any more.

Nothing was changed except the number of attempts before automatic cancellation. No dates, no amounts, nothing else. I thought I was doing what people would want based on past history but people are furious. All because Paypal stuck their nose in our business.

Sorry if this upset you but I assure you there was no bad intent.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
865 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby,
I guess that explains the confusing email I got from PayPal (I deleted the account information for this post)If you need more information,PM me.:

Your automatic payment to Susan Thornton changed
Dear deleted ,

Just wanted to let you know your PayPal automatic payment to Susan Thornton changed.

Here's what's changed:
For: Stamp Community 1 Year Donation Subscription
Automatic payment name: deleted for the post
Merchant name: Susan Thornton

Automatic payment details
Amount per payment: deleted for the post
Next payment due: deleted
Pay with money from: deleted
Shipping address:

US

If you want to change your shipping address, you should contact Susan Thornton directly.

For more details about these changes, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile page, and click My Preapproved Payments.

If you're OK with the changes, you don't need to do anything - they'll take effect in your next billing cycle. If you think there's a problem, you should contact Susan Thornton right away.

Sincerely,
PayPal
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2687 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did get an email saying the automatic billing entry for the subscription had been updated. Thanks for the explanation.
Al
Valued Member
224 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a PayPala notice indicating my monthly donation went through, but you may wish to confirm that.
Forum Dad
USA
1498 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did get an email saying the automatic billing entry for the subscription had been updated. Thanks for the explanation.

And I now have many reports that the email doesn't even say what was changed.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
194 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So sorry if im hijacking?

could you please put the page link for donation subsciptions. I would like to give a little. If thats ok.

Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
could you please put the page link for donation subsciptions.

It is the last item on the left column of all pages. I know because I had the same thought.
Forum Dad
USA
1498 Posts
Posted 10/29/2019   9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
434 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got the same email about my monthly donation and was totally confused as what had changed since there was no explanation and the details seem to be OK. So I just ignored it but is there something I should check or be doing?
Edited by Oracle of Delphi - 10/30/2019 01:17 am
Forum Dad
USA
1498 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not at all, the only thing that change is is won't be canceled after one failure, it will take several.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
194 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks wkusau! how am I to find that little indent on the left frame of that stamp that makes it so rare and special, if I cant even find the donate button? have a great day. subscription done and done..
Edited by lostandfound - 10/31/2019 12:01 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05