Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 596, Flat Plate Perf, Rotary Sheet Waste, Please Explain To Me Why Is Not.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,698Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope Not yet
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3956 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was "good night" until the certificate arrives. All else is just noise.
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to show the back
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 12/06/2019   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Unique way to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Going on the Fifth week
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3956 Posts
Posted 04/03/2020   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been waiting 5 months for a cert. from the PF. How are you doing with the cert.?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1132 Posts
Posted 04/03/2020   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know how "Unique" is faring, but after hearing of your 5 months of waiting for the PF, I think I'll reconstrue my 2 months as just a fairly good start.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
594 Posts
Posted 04/04/2020   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sent in one for fast turnaround a month ago to ensure my option to return it. That's expired. Heard a while back they were working 2 day a week. No doubt that's also changed, and rightfully so.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3956 Posts
Posted 04/30/2020   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Game over!
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 04/30/2020   12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unique Way-

Inquiring minds want to know: What are the results of the certification?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4366 Posts
Posted 04/30/2020   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Link to PF cert 565086. It was found to be a 632 with small faults. Shocking.

http://pfsearch.org/pfsearch/pf_grd...lledfrom=lkp

Edited to correct cert number. Thank you Redwoodrandy!
Edited by rogdcam - 04/30/2020 1:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3956 Posts
Posted 04/30/2020   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cert. 565086 Thank you for the results. These unsettled long threads bother me.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 04/30/2020 1:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3444 Posts
Posted 04/30/2020   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do enjoy a story with an ending ... whether a good ending or not. I hope the OP comes back with their final comments. This is a good thread to keep in reserve for the next person who asks the same question.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
Posted 05/01/2020   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But I will post the final result as soon as I get it. Good or bad.
Pillar Of The Community
3227 Posts
Posted 05/01/2020   08:41 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why the opinions of the many experienced specialized philatelic experts on here are not trusted by some newbees. Some may think that we have something to gain by not telling the truth when in fact we are telling the truth. In fact, we would be more than elated if we all were to see and discover for someone a true rarity. I seem to recall that we did in fact help bring an Orangeburg coil to someone's attention and it was authentic. There is nothing more thrilling than being part of helping someone with a real discovery find. We have nothing to gain by lying and much more to gain by telling the truth.
Edited by jogil - 05/01/2020 08:48 am
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
Posted 05/02/2020   12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed on the PF search site that there are 2 consecutive cert #'s: 565085 and 565086. They are clearly from the same sheet, maybe even adjacent stamps. They are both way off center to the lower right, with what looks like a continuation of the same cancel from one to the other. If I had a couple of stamps from the same source that I thought might be uber-rare, I don't know that I would submit BOTH at the same time. To me, if one comes back as good, I would then send in the other. If the first came back bad, I'd save my money. Even if I really really really really really really really really really really really wanted them both to be the uber-rare stamp.

But then, I am no fun.
Edited by mootermutt987 - 05/02/2020 12:05 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,698Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05