Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking To Trade My Ecuador/Israel/Us For Ecuador

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,801Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
319 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Andyrich74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Shot in the dark as I think I'm the only person in the world who collects Ecuador, but looking to fill in a few holes, some of it not expensive, but just seemingly impossible to find on the usual sites.

Have lots of Israel (all w/tabs) and Plenty of Ecuador, all unused as well as some early US.

I only collect unused Ecuador; which has certainly made completing my collection all the more difficult. (Or maybe insane...?)
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 10/30/2019   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Andy,
I am a worldwide collector, and indeed collect Ecuador.
However, never found a successful partner for "trades"...trading for me was full of anxiety, will my trades be fair ? What the partner was after? would they accept a pulled perf here and there? etc ad nauseum.

I always found it better to lump them on pages and sell them at 99c starter on eBay or at our stamp club.

Rather than search for Ecuador singletons, I bought "collections" and on sold the duplicates.

Good luck with your discipline, Ecuador is an exciting choice.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
319 Posts
Posted 10/31/2019   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty similar!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
672 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   12:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I joined the Ecuador Club :)

I bought an inexpensive unsorted lot - about 1100 stamps. By far Ecuador was the largest. I have more to go, but decided to take a break.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Spain
237 Posts
Posted 01/06/2020   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I only have this from Ecuador.
Regards.
Valued Member
Learn More...
319 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How nice to see some other folks that collect Ecuador. If anyone has a wish list; I have a ton of duplicates, all unused but as one would expect most are hinged. Have been trading with another member of the forum for some of his Canadian duplicates and so far so good. Open to anything, but if anyone is actively collecting Ecuador, be glad to send photos of my stock books and help you fill your albums/pages.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ecuador...Equator...Middle of our planet.
Edited by rod222 - 01/09/2020 5:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
672 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! newer ones I integrated today...

Valued Member
Spain
237 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I don't collect Ecuador, I offer them if anyone needs them.
I used to give them to an Ecuadorian who lives in Switzerland, but he hasn't appeared in the Spanish forum for months.
Regards.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
672 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the embossed stationary. very nice.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Get familiar with those Mrita,
Search this forum ..................."Seebecks"

Valued Member
Learn More...
319 Posts
Posted 01/13/2020   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, did you cut those triangular mounts yourself?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31277 Posts
Posted 01/13/2020   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, did you cut those triangular mounts yourself?

Yes I did Andy...nice aren't they ?
Boy, you waste some material doing that, but the effort is worth it.
Blunt points to triangular Hawid mounts looks grungy.

These were Scott split backs cut down the middle if I recall.

Hand cut, using the eye, whilst stamp is in the mount, employing a Fiskar paper cutter.

Edited by rod222 - 01/13/2020 6:45 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,801Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05