Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking To Trade My Ecuador/Israel/Us For Ecuador

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, I tried that, but didn't think to use mounts sideways, so went with squared off mounts for those. May give it a try this weekend though. (Got to love Steiner pages to re-print/mount!)

Yes, they look really nice; well done there and looks great! Thanks for the tip.

And if anyone is still reading this, I still have the better part of a stock book chock full of Ecuador if anyone is needs or is looking for something something.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28460 Posts
Posted 01/14/2020   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ecuador and Dummy Stamps from the Austrian Staatsdruckerei.........
1958 Steiner Page 58 cropped

Charles V
Edited by rod222 - 01/14/2020 6:26 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, you want to replace some of those used stamps with unused? Be glad to send you any of my duplicates.

And do you know the story of how an Austrian stamp worked its way on to one from Ecuador?

Edited by Andyrich74 - 01/23/2020 6:19 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28460 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, you want to replace some of those used stamps with unused? Be glad to send you any of my duplicates.

Yes Please!
I can send my WW in return, (all sorts, too busy to be selective)

Quote:
And do you know the story of how an Austrian stamp worked its way on to one from Ecuador?

Easy, Andy,
The Ecuadorian stamps were printed in Austria.
The Staatsdruckerei.
The "labels" or "dummy stamps" were possibly proofs or tests for colours and designs for approval from Ecuador.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28460 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steiner Page 13.

Cinderellas.

Steiner Page 23.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28460 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Salmagundi of Ecuador.

Beautiful Livery:

Fraudulent Postmarks.
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just recently completed this page. Only missing two airmails for Ecuador.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28460 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo! Andy.
Gosh, just looked at the price of those fellows.
That's a fine accomplishment.
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Wasn't so much the price, but just trying to find them. Belgium, Argentina, Spain and Chile were where I found them. The irony is I am missing two stamps to complete all the airmails, and both are under a dollar. Can always seem to find used versions, but never unused hence why I thought trading might be an option.
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05