Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

HipStamp Investments Email

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,017Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/01/2019   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have some very exciting news I would like to share with you!

Just stop reading right there, and delete.

Quote:
I am 1024th Native American.

Oh, I get it!. At first I thought you meant that you were the 1024th Native American to exist, and that you, in your best Tonto style, left out the "the." But now I see it's really a 2 to the 10th thing.

edit: getting Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rmatossian - 11/01/2019 7:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1256 Posts
Posted 11/01/2019   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam: Wow! Not only can we show up as C3a owners at the same time it can even be (sort of) the same C3a.

Actually, I don't think investing & collecting are a good fit. If investing is to play a major role in your collecting, to be financially successful you will undoubtedly need to change how & what you collect. And the stock market would still almost certainly be a better bet.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2755 Posts
Posted 11/01/2019   10:23 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
all I can say (that can be printed) is Yikes
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   12:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Inverted Jenny (position 27) was bought by auction less than 4 months ago for $402,500 and according to Mystic's website they are the one who bought it and are currently selling it for $510,000. Doing the math, they are marking it up just over 26.7 percent more than they just purchased it for.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1524 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also note that it would also be against SEC rules if Mark or others were found to own shares and were found to be influencing the market. I am unsure how the SEC would react if someone bought into a fractional stamp account but was also a big player in buying the same level stamps.

The announcement message implies that this is a Tier 2 offering under 2015 SEC Regulation A+. These offerings operate under relaxed rules (with less SEC review and no state registration) so prior frames of reference on SEC enforcement may not apply. Important issues will be whether the investor has physical access to the asset (with traditional fractional ownership of jets or real estate, you do), what management fees will be charged (with traditional fractional ownership, a key goal is to share management costs of costly assets like jets or real property), and what platform and rules will be used for transfer to other investors (a key risk for investors in traditional fractional ownership of real estate is that once you get "in", it's very hard for you or your heirs to get "out").

The possible losses involved in this offering may be relatively unimportant to people who also have capital gains and want to offset them with losses to reduce taxes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
805 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Inverted Jenny (position 27) was bought by auction less than 4 months ago for $402,500 and according to Mystic's website they are the one who bought it and are currently selling it for $510,000. Doing the math, they are marking it up just over 26.7 percent more than they just purchased it for.

All they have to do now is sell it. Just cuz they have it priced at $510K doesn't mean they will sell it for that, or that they will sell it quickly. As C3a's go, though, this is a nice one!

On the flip side, 26% markup isn't all that unreasonable. It won't be sold for more (I mean, who's gonna walk up and say, "I'll offer you $525k"?), but it just might sell for less.

If I were seriously in the market for a C3a, I'd keep my eye on all the major auction houses. I'd be personally visiting auctions with a C3a, and bidding on the one I want. If I wanted anonymity, I'd be bidding online. If not, I'd be in the room. I'd have spoken to the auction house weeks earlier to iron out any 'credit' issues. My point is, whoever buys this from Mystic is spending $100k-ish more than necessary. Even if money were NO issue at all, it would still be about the 'game' of the deal. Just the way I am. If I'm not knowledgeable enough to buy a C3a (every one of them has a documented history, so I guess I'm looking for thins/creases/etc like any other stamp I buy) on my own, I guess I'm not buying one. To me, gaining that knowledge is what the hobby is all about.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2453 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fractional ownership of real estate. ...
Timeshares somehow come to mind.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
657 Posts
Posted 11/02/2019   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What could go wrong? It is not as if a valuable stamp like C3a could get torn, develop a thin or simply disappear.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,017Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05