Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Have I Done, Oh, What Have I Done

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,849Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   1:28 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add rlsny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
and this is only one of them - we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Send note to Staff

Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
QT9BeGNnCqw
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
..and the kitchen sink.....
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   4:46 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll bite what's in those cartons?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29378 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What Have I Done, Oh, What Have I Done

Outed yourself as a masochist ?
Spring cleaned your wallet?
Produced evidence for your wife's divorce lawyer?
Have your optician rub his hands together?

Edited by rod222 - 11/03/2019 5:31 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What's in those cartons?

Oh, no! Now we're in for it!
Valued Member
Canada
482 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I know what my wife would say if that showed up at the front door! And she's normally very supportive of my "stamping".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   6:40 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lol to all the answers

fyi, my wife and I were both guilty, so no divorce - but as to where all these boxes are going - oh boy

I got a nice US lot, but she bought the world - to answer what's in the boxes? Stamps - lots of stamps. It was a worldwide "accumulation" lot at Kelleher.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
Posted 11/03/2019   9:41 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We're you there? I sat from 10 until 3:30 and all my lots were consecutive so I had 3 minutes of bidding and left! Fun fun I only bought 47 albums in 15 boxes.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   12:48 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We viewed the lots earlier. I bid online.
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you need help, just send me a box. I love sorting through boxes.
Valued Member
224 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Better get busy. I expect to see tons of offerings from you on eBay right soon!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   12:16 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the record, the non-US stuff goes on stamps2go and frankly doesn't sell very well. So most of this is just getting organized and put in albums. What will probably come out in a few years are a number of much more organized lots with all the stamps she doesn't want. So look for a great buying opportunity in about a decade - lol.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4629 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Let's back up for a minute .......Here is what your going to need .

Buy two gallons of Ice Tea , clean up a area ,like a spare desk or the kitchen table . Go to the Dollar Store and purchase about 10 of those plastic "shoe box size" containers for sorting ,pick up a felt black marker and a roll of masking tape to label those record storage boxes and labels for those shoe boxes . Maybe even a few 9x12 large envelopes .

The first thing is spend the first day just looking into each box and get a general idea of what you received ,don't unpack ,just look and get a idea of what is there .

Take a break and get something to eat .now in your head you will have a better idea of what you have .

Now your ready to attack it . Empty a few boxes and place the contents on the floor . Now your ready to start writting labels and placing them on your boxes . Labels will read like this -------On paper Worldwide , off paper worldwide , U.S. MATERIAL , Glassines , album pages , covers , Better stuff to keep , Trash and a few others depending how you want to break it down .

Now your ready to sort and have fun .Drink some tea .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Floortrader! Have not heard from you in quite a while.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4794 Posts
Posted 11/04/2019   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You forgot "Recognise your early mistake. Throw the iced tea away, then make a pot of proper tea".
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,849Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05