Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Have I Done, Oh, What Have I Done

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4380 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First -Thanks for responding ......but ,you didn't follow what I was saying to help you ,you decided to take a different route .

It may be fun to open each box and work on just its contents one at a time but if your looking to process these 30 boxes into sales your going to need a look at everything you have and then figure your battle plan .

Let me explain it this way ------You and the wife need to each get a big glass of ice tea .Open and view everything with a quick look thru each box . Don't seperate the contents just look and make notes of what you have .

Then go out for supper away from the house and then discuss what she will handle and what you want to handle over dinner . Then make plans for the next day to start sorting your purchases into smaller units and each of you attack your area of interest .

I guess with your method your not going to be a big buyer at the next four auctions before your ready to do it again ==LOL .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
168 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Floortrader: Drives me nuts. "you're" not "your." Please.
Valued Member
United States
328 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So what is your ROI on resale? Are you aiming for 3-5x? More? What do you value your time per hour on these? While it may be fun, there is a serious amount of labor that goes into it.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
755 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A brief grammer education course - And the dictionary states: Your is a possessive – it means something belongs to you. The word you're is short for "you are."
Edited by No1philatelist - 11/11/2019 10:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
776 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   12:33 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the thought, but this isn't really for retail. We may have some stuff come up for sale occasionally, but mostly it's a collecting and organizing activity. It's my wife's project, not mine. I asked her if she wanted to do the big review. I showed her your previous suggestions - she liked it - but said no. For her, one box at a time. That way there are new surprises every day.

My US lot is for retail - basically one album - the 3 other lots are just for my crazy worldwide collector wife. (I also have US collection - but I buy individual stamps for that.)

We're just a crazy mixed-up philatelic couple. Don't try to make sense of it.

As I said up front, come back in a few years and you may see some interesting - much more organized lots - at an auction then.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
776 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   12:43 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this will help explain it. Here's a photo of a small portion of my wife's worldwide organization. I opened a few drawers to show her reams of glassines.
Also there are about 8 white binders labelled Russia in this picture. All using home made album pages using Album Easy software.

Edited by rlsny - 11/12/2019 12:45 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1137 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   07:47 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's great that you and your wife share the stamp collecting hobby. My wife has been helping me with eBay for 15 years and still says "I just don't understand why people pay money for these little bids of paper and with a little ink on it?"

Wish your wife good luck on her adventure for me.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05