Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Mixed Countries To Share

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wannahocalugie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Like I said in the Germany stamps section. I'm getting closer to sorting through all the different countries. This is going to be a mix, but I think there is more Japan than others. The last unmarked ones I think are Austria. All of course like the others are used as I have not sorted through the unused envelope yet. Hope you enjoy the ones I have shared and these.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   2:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

New Find!
Lovely SON (socked on the nose) Great Britain Saint Neots, Squared Circle Postmark. 1895
Unlisted in the internet's largest British Postmark database.

Named after a Monk from Cornwall, the lovely south west of England.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well don't I feel dumb. I tried finding something on the post mark, but I was looking at the E being an F. Totally missed the bottom. Neat, thanks for the info. Like the history!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This won't be an isolated case.... expect it often.
Postmarks can be ornery blighters, and fool the best of us, sometimes.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1376 Posts
Posted 11/05/2019   9:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love that cancellation on the GB.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Rod222, you said not listed in the large data base. Is this something I could just share the picture with or would they require more? Would they even be interested in adding this? Would love to share it if they would want it. Adding to history is awesome. I know we can not list emails so what would be the name of the data base, I'm sure they would have contact info for general stuff right?
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the St. Neots cancel was great. And that says a lot, coming from someone who doesn't give a rip about cancels!

The first Chilean airmail you showed looks like the plane is rising out of the mountain, reminiscent of the Batmobile emerging from the secret entrance in the hillside. Too bad the plane isn't headed in the other direction. Then it could be titled "Seconds Before Impact."
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the reference and too true!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1304 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's actually an air post stamp from Spain, despite the inscribed "Chile". The other is from Spain too.

Robert
Edited by Trainwreck - 11/06/2019 3:09 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to figure this out, but which other is from Spain also. I know the first one you refer to is 1920, but that was the best I could do without reference books. Can't purchase yet and my Library does not have. Thanks
Cheryl
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey Rod222, you said not listed in the large data base. Is this something I could just share the picture with or would they require more?

Hi Cheryl,
absolutely ! Philately is progressed by combined knowledge of millions of collectors. Be part of the progress and knowledge base.

If you have difficulty, let me know, and I'll do it for you.
Simply email Allan at this address (at the bottom of the page) with an attached copy of the scan image named "St Neots squared circle"
You can have your donation attributed to yourself, if you feel the need...

http://philatelicweb.com/pmks/

Edited by rod222 - 11/06/2019 3:34 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm trying to figure this out, but which other is from Spain also

These two are Spanish.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for specifying and thanks for the link. Already done so it should be all set for Allan to review. I don't know what you mean by credit, but I don't need it. We're all good and so cool.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE:
Officially part of the database. Cool!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
UPDATE:
Officially part of the database. Cool!

So you did
Yes, very cool, thanks for your contribution to philately.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28803 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheryl,
Look at your 2 Spanish stamps...... see the little black cat bottom right ?

Charles Lindbergh loved cats, that is his cat, named "Patsy"
Edited by rod222 - 11/08/2019 5:01 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05