Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Were R132 & R133 Originally Produced?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Reedededge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
R132 & R133, more commonly known as the small and large Persian rugs, both were supposedly printed/issued one to a sheet. Hence, that would lead me to believe that an original sheet (if such a thing existed) would have a single stamp in the center with selvage around the four sides? Or, was the stamp simply issued perforated, but as single? I have yet to purchase either of these stamps although both are on my hit-list, but I first would like to learn a bit more about them.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Printed with selvage
https://siegelauctions.com/lots.php...137-lot-1299

You need a copy of Thomas Kingsley's book The Legendary Persian Rug
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Kingsley Book is available on eBay for $15.50 - well worth the cost
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!

I actually did a Siegel powersearch, and for whatever reason, did not find that listing with the selvage.

I am already ordering a copy of the Kingsley book-Again, I greatly appreciate the information.
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
Posted 11/06/2019   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Printed with selvage
https://siegelauctions.com/lots.php...137-lot-1299

You need a copy of Thomas Kingsley's book The Legendary Persian Rug

Thank you; for whatever reason, I did not see that listing with the selvage on my Siegel Powersearch.

The Kingsley book is on order; I'm looking forward to receiving it.
Valued Member
United States
390 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to the PF website and look for certificate 459828 and you will see an example of R132 with selvedge all around. Both this stamp and the R133 with selvedge at the sides came out of the same estate.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05