Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Use Delcampe?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
153 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add canyoneer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've seen this topic before but can't recall where.

I am trying to fill some nagging holes in a WW collection and have exhausted Hipstamp and APS Stampstore ( eBay Saved Searches have run dry too). I would like to use Delcampe however the searches don't appear to have search by Scott Catalog number. I can't afford to get all the SG, Yvert, Michael, etc. catalogs needed to nail some of this down. I've found a few stamps I need here but the success seems random. Any suggestions for using Delcampe? Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1787 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent you an email.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2255 Posts
Posted 11/07/2019   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I buy all the time from Delcampe.It dépends if you use Delcampe International or you can
narrow down on a particular country where the seller is.If you are buying USA for example
only usa sellers will be listed….ect.You can also put the cat number in the search window on the top.SG 5 ,Mi.Nr.3,YT.58 ...ect.Not all sellers put cat Numbers so you will have too go through all the listings in that case.That can take a lot of time.
The big difference in Delcampe is once you have clicked on "Buy" you then send an invoice request.The seller in turn will send you the payment request with the additional fees Added:(pay-pal,postage).
You must read below in the "conditions" of each sellers listing for the postal and other charges you must pay.
Most sellers answer quickly,others not that fast.
Major countries like France,Turkey,Great Britain,Germany ect;have sub sections by years
and topic;so that makes it easier.
Over all activity is very much reduced compared to e bay,but there can be interesting things with sometimes big différences in price for the same stamp.So check all sellers.
Many sellers also have e bay listings with another pseudo.Sometimes it's the same,or slightly different.

Edited by perf12 - 11/07/2019 5:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
614 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   04:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love Delcampe, buy from several dealers on regular basis. Never had a bad transaction and it's a good source for filling holes especially for Continental Europe and their colonial empires stamps. Do have to watch yourself on shipping fees though, so best to find a dealer that has quite a few items you want and create larger order so the shipping from Europe doesn't cost as much as the stamps themselves.

As for searching, I find usually putting the year of issue of the stamp I am looking for and either topical description or face value usually results in finding the items I want.
APS #173088
Check out my philately blog at http://djcmhphilately2.blogspot.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05