Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Could Do A Much Better Job Vetting Buyer Accounts

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,318Next Topic
Page: of 2
Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know why this happens but it does

Someone else has the same item for sale and yours is cheaper. So they make a bogus account and buy it so it's off the market.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3704 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   6:39 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For example the 3 German bidders are brand new to eBay and all have 0 feedback but multiple Unpaid Item Strikes

Have considered blocking buyers that have low feedback scores many times. They seem to be the ones that give me heaps of issues. Am assuming eBay still has this function. But there is so many great buyers that have a low feedback score. So I never went through with the blocking buyers in this manner.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
668 Posts
Posted 11/08/2019   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can't block low feedback bidders

You can only limit the number of items they purchase at once if that is even still availble.

Here are the present blocks:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Are currently winning or have bought 5 of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of 5 or lower
Pillar Of The Community
3234 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   12:04 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the threat of the eBay final value fee hanging over one for no sale, they pressure the seller into closing a non-payment case since if one doesn't they will charge their commission for it. The seller cannot really win. It is a mystery how a phony buyer was able to use a phony email address to open a phony account on eBay along with a phony name, address and phone number as well. This was all a planned deliberate thing.
Edited by jogil - 11/17/2019 12:13 am
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sheetguy2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jogil....this post is ONLY 9 days old.
I clicked your eBay link above your post and searched for your completed/sold item.....it shows ZERO.
Care to post item #s??
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,318Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05