Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Free Shipping' From Amos

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1820 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   12:27 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Amos' website promotes their free shipping on orders over $65. Look carefully and you'll see this is good on IN STOCK items. Come on.. how many of those are there on their site. I did a quick recheck before posting this. It looks to me that the majority of their albums and page sets are listed as 'back ordered'. I'd assume this discount would be fine if ordering binders, etc. Otherwise, it's just an enticement.

I sent them an order for over $200 and got hit with shipping. Then I read the fine print. Just felt this needed to be out there.
Send note to Staff
Edited by Stamps1962 - 11/09/2019 12:30 pm

Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the warning but I hope that you also sent them a complaint call/email/letter. Change takes place at the source.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
651 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's been this way for quite some time and most items are not in stock any longer.

Sometimes you get lucky and other times you do not.

My last order of pages was over 300 and everything was in stock.

My previous order, nothing was in stock so I paid shipping.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1243 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   5:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I checked the Amos web site couple days ago for the 2020 Classic Specialized catalogue that just came out; and checked again today.

A brand new catalogue; just released; is back-ordered. Really, Amos??

The current issue of Linn's has an ad from Internet Hobby Supply; ihobb dot com; with the 2020 Classic Specialized much cheaper than Amos. Has anyone used this entity? Thanks.

(answered my own question about iHobb dot com. Looked them up on line; few reviews, most of them bad. So guess I'll suffer through Amos one final time.)
Edited by Climber Steve - 11/09/2019 5:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1906 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Climber Steve, email sent to you.
Edited by hy-brasil - 11/09/2019 10:27 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1243 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip, hy-brasil. Had forgotten about that source. Have already checked them out and will place an order this week.
Pillar Of The Community
650 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The current issue of Linn's has an ad from Internet Hobby Supply; ihobb dot com; with the 2020 Classic Specialized much cheaper than Amos. Has anyone used this entity? Thanks.
(answered my own question about iHobb dot com. Looked them up on line; few reviews, most of them bad. So guess I'll suffer through Amos one final time.)

Not sure what 'few reviews' you're referring to, but I've used iHobb many times and never once have I been disappointed with their service. And their prices seem fair. Here are some reviews of the company on 'Yelp':
https://www.yelp.com/biz/internet-h...de?osq=iHobb

There's also Subway Stamp Shop which is usually very good. And other sellers, as well.

As for Amos' policy of providing free shipping only for items they have in stock, that seems like an approach to customer relations that is bound to frustrate people. How is the average customer going to know what they have in stock and what they don't? Is there an option to hold all items until they can ship everything you ordered together? If not, free shipping seems likely to not work very well.

Amos can be a frustrating company at times. I've had their customer service people fight me on small issues a few times -- misprinted pages being one of them. I've bought album pages from them on which they clearly misspelled the name of a country ("Tunesia"? Really?), sent ink-smudged pages, and other mistakes. I'm used to very good customer service from businesses I deal with, especially in person, but haven't always been happy with Amos/Scott. They "print on demand" now but while that saves on warehousing items, it can also lead to long shipping delays and multiple shipments which increase shipping costs. I'm certainly glad they're still in business, but they need more effective customer service sometimes.
Edited by DrewM - 11/12/2019 01:50 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I buy all my mounts from iHobb. Never had a problem in over 100 orders.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05