Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bundles, Just On Whim!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
481 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   5:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Moyock13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I now have bundles of stamps. I picked them up for a bundle of RCMP 223's, figured I could do some fly specking on a rainy day!

Now here's my dilemma, I have 11 bundles of 100 stamps each. From the 223 to a bundle of 462's. What's the opinion of SCF? Keep them bundled or break them all down and put them in a stock book?

Your opinion is welcome.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally,
my experience with Australian bundles, they are dusty, dirty, curled and generally in a poor state. (suggest kicked around from auction to auction)

I generally separate then, look for postmarks, then place in a duplicates envelope, leave them in Stamp Catalogues in the Library, or give them away to Red Cross.

Buying on a whim, can be fun sometimes........
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 11/09/2019 5:59 pm
Valued Member
349 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I always separate if tied as I find that ends up doing damage. The bundles in little paper wraps usually are fine but then the risk of bad paper. If you have the extra space and time, I'd unwrap, flyspeck, Stockbook. Have fun :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I generally separate then, look for postmarks, then place in a duplicates envelope, leave them in Stamp Catalogues in the Library, or give them away to Red Cross.

Rod. Send those extras my way next time. I love to fly speck for varieties. Plus I donate regularly to the Red Cross. They have enough of my blood (platelets actually) for the both of us.
Edited by Partime - 11/09/2019 7:52 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steve,
your welcome to all my Aussie duplicates, I have kilos and kilos of the stuff.
I'll email you off list in the next 5 days of what I have, I don't think you would be interested in most of it, but whom knows?
You may still have family here, they can cart it back to the US, but the planet may tip on its axis.
(No KGV sidefaces, I hoard those)

Edited by rod222 - 11/09/2019 10:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod. Yes, my daughter still lives in Perth, so she can be a good courier, if needed. Thanks for sending the list, and I'm sure I'll find something of interest. (And I may still have some things that you need.)
Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   06:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just for giggles here's a picture of the bundles. I'll break them down over time to see what's what.

Pillar Of The Community
6575 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moyock13

I would break the seal and investigate what you have,
E.G. - Those Scott 223's you have there could be a Unitrade 223ii
broken leg Mountie..Never know.

Robert
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My past bundles 2013

Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ironically, I upgraded my VueScan scanner software this morning and now my scanner isn't working. There apparently was a bug in the new software, it's been fixed, but I haven't been able to download the new update... Geez!

So, checking out the 223's might have to wait a bit.

Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it isn't raining. I did get my scanner running properly. And I did go through the bundle of 223 RCMP's.

No broken leg varieties, no reentries on the RCMP varieties....

But I did find a 223iv Bird Cage variety.

Pillar Of The Community
6575 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good stuff..There you go..Have fun

Robert
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Explanation of birdcage variety,
Not sure how it became known as that?
http://www.flyspecker.com/223.html

Hitchhiker variety.
Edited by rod222 - 11/10/2019 8:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3278 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like that Mountie might be hauling in a "begpacker". Recently, the BBC had an online article featuring them, and the problem they are causing in tourist destinations around the world.

Local panhandlers are probably not too thrilled about them either.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 11/10/2019 9:57 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05