Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inverted Groundwork On 7 And 10 Kopek

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
71 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   05:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampavalanche to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found both from the same collection. I believe that there is only 1 recorded copy of the 10 kopek inverted groundwork in used condition.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   05:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampavalanche to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2273 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampavalanche: You will have to post a much better photo of the 10 kop.The inverted background types are in the very small details .
What we know for the moment is that the 10 kop is from the 1903 issue ,Vert. laid paper.
Inverted backgrounds in this issue (10kop) are not scarce.
As for the 1889 issue (horiz. laid paper) of the 7 kop;it does not have an inverteed background.
Edited by perf12 - 11/10/2019 08:59 am
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampavalanche to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks perf12, Hopefully these images are better if not please let me know.

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2273 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The pics are still very poor.
If there are small dots in the upper portion of "pochtovaya marka" then it is an inverted
background type.
From what I can make out ,it looks like it.
Example of an inverted type:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3284 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You need MUCH better scans to get help from this group.

This topic has been discussed many times, and is one of the more difficult to understand. You should review this older thread for some examples and detailed discussion: http://goscf.com/t/12645

Good luck.
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampavalanche to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your help. I'll refer to the threads on the subject and I apologize for the poor images. I have an LG phone that takes poor images even with added apps. Best wishes, Jonathan
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05