Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Know Any Famous Beekeepers?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mr. B to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to summit Mt. Everest, was also a beekeeper.

New Zealand 2008 July 23
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Shakespeare?
2B, or not 2B that is the question.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greece 1956
Postal Tax Sc#RA91 Aristotle.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/10/2019   11:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scarlett Johansson
"The Girl with the Pearl Earring"
Edited by rod222 - 11/11/2019 4:43 pm
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wigeon44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jansa discovered how bees mate, and other secrets within the hive including the sisterhood of workers, drones and the queen.

Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wigeon44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tolstoi enjoyed beekeeping, while he was doing research for his book War and Peace.

Pillar Of The Community
France
744 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   02:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anton Janša again,but on a slovenian souvenir sheet.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aristaeus
Lovely scan by our member Nethryk
http://goscf.com/t/5754&whichpage=28#606794
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An aside:
The things Philately teaches.
From this thread, I learnt about "Skep Hives" they had always intrigued me by design. I wasn't aware they had a name.
Icon for "Industry"
Also used as an Icon for the Chicago Philatelic Society
Oft seen on savings bank stamps.

Edited by rod222 - 11/11/2019 08:16 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3862 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

... and I did not even imagine that a beehive could be anything but a rectangular box!

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey (who had a field day researching that card)
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27457 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great card, Mr. Pikey.
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wigeon44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In conjunction with designer Andrew Perro, these stamps were produced to both celebrate and heighten awareness of Canada's threatened bee population in May, 2018. Featured on the stamps are the endangered rusty-patched bumble bee (Bombus affinus), and the metallic green bee (Agapostemon virescenis). The rusty-patched bumble bee was the first bee species to be assessed as Endangered by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada.

Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/12/2019   07:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at rod222's post, I'm reminded of why I wear clothes. To protect against bees!

edit: I'm talking about the Aristaeus post, not the earring girl. Although, with Scarlett Johansson, I would risk it.
Edited by rmatossian - 11/12/2019 08:22 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05