Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Zealand 1860s+ Queen Victoria Postal Fiscals

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
84 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add lostandfound to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found these just recently and am very happy to have them. Any advice and/or opinions would be graciously taken. There will be no talk of peroxide!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They look to be all fiscally used except the 6th stamp (2/-), which looks to have a parcels cancel.

See the Forbin catalog:
https://archive.org/details/ForbinFiscals1915
listed under Nouvelle Zélande.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by hy-brasil - 11/14/2019 5:10 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely set of stamps! Enviable.
Lets upgrade your 1915 prices (Forbin) to 1991 Prices
Source: A.C.S. Colour catalogue of NZ Stamps :14th edition
(Auckland City Stamps)
Edited by rod222 - 11/14/2019 6:33 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Opinion:
Personally, I would take these to a reputable stamp dealer, seek advice on soaking these in cold water (Some may have "fugitive Inks")
If OK, I would remove the shards of paper, and place in stamp mounts.
Handle with care.

The stamps not shown, are Revenue Stamps, and are listed in the John Barefoot Catalogue "Commonwealth Revenues"
I have the 2000 edition, too many to address here.

Nice Link Jill.
Edited by rod222 - 11/14/2019 6:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1348 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might find this page of interest:

http://www.nzstamps.org.uk/revenue/index.html
Learn More...
7406 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can download the Forbin catalog to your own computer here
http://stampsmarter.com/learning/Ho...atalogs.html
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
502 Posts
Posted 11/14/2019   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Plateflaw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely range of fiscals.

Thank you for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1243 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   12:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is meant by 'COUNTERPART' on the 2'6 stamp?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Counterpart:
http://www.nzstamps.org.uk/revenue/...s/index.html
John Barefoot #1 P10, 12.5, dies l or ll
CV : GBP 7.50 yr2000
Edited by rod222 - 11/15/2019 01:04 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27523 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What would this one be?
I cannot find it anywhere, unlisted Barefoot.
Cut from stationery? document?

Found
Barefoot #229 1880 CV : GBP 3.50 chk Wmk
http://virtualnewzealandstamps.blog...t-three.html
Edited by rod222 - 11/15/2019 01:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1243 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   03:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Rod
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
84 Posts
Posted 11/15/2019   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great links! Thank you everyone.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
84 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it ruthlessly selfish or stupid to go back and buy as many as I can? I've got another dozen or so, and now am having rather grandiose ideas that I may just exhibit them in next years stamp expo here in New Zealand? Once iv done a lot more research and have them mounted satisfactorily. So much to learn, so few hours in the day...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can buy all you want. Be advised that serious exhibition (if that's your plan) has serious rules and requires more focus than just a general collection of postal fiscals. You need to check them out.

Edited by hy-brasil - 11/17/2019 6:07 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
84 Posts
Posted 11/21/2019   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks hy-brasil. I dont feel ready. Its the wine talking! I shall just go along and enjoy.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
84 Posts
Posted 11/25/2019   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yet more QV's recently purchased as mentioned.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05