Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Is Klaipeda In Minkus Specialty?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
61 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MillsapBaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm in the process of merging Minkus Specialty albums with my Minkus Supreme album collection -- mostly to give better early coverage.
I recently bought a couple of Minkus German Specialty Albums, which include all 6 pages for Memel -- but there are no places for "Klaipeda".
The Supreme puts both Memel and Klaipeda on the same page. Klaipeda stamps were issued under Lithuanian Occupation and some of them are overprinted Memel stamps.
Scott lists Klaipeda as Memel N1-N114. That's a lot of stamps for Minkus to have largely ignored. (The Supreme only has places for 20 stamps.)
Question is, do any of the Minkus Specialty Albums include pages for Klaipeda? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
650 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You could always make your own pages. Here's one way to do it.

Buy blank hole-punched Minkus-size paper from http://www.albumpages.net.

Use Bill Steiner's CD or website to select and print out whatever pages you want. http://www.stampalbums.com These will be your "originals" to photocopy from.

You can use whatever "originals" you want to photocopy from -- taken from other albums or from your own home-made layouts, and so on. If I have a damaged, stained, or worn out page, I often use use this method to print myself a duplicate onto a new sheet of blank paper in the appropriate size.

Take your "originals" and your blank Minkus paper to a photocopy shop (Fedex is good).

Enter your credit card in the slot in the copy machine and select 'print' (or whatever it asks for). Then load your Minkus-sized blank paper in the right-hand paper feed tray (not the normal paper tray in the front). This tray is for non-standard sized paper. Load the paper with the side that will be printed on facing down and with the holes facing out to the right in order to orient the printing properly.

On the selection screen, select 'non-standard' size (or whatever term they use) for your paper. This tells the machine to adjust printing size to the paper size. Or you can use the keypad to enter the actual dimensions of the Minkus pages. Either way will work. Also select black and white printing, and so on -- most selections will be obvious.

Place the first Steiner "original" face down in the upper left of the glass. You could feed all the originals through in a stack automatically, but I prefer to do one at a time to monitor printing so I can redo any that are a bit off. Push 'print'. You'll get one new Minkus page. Try a few practice copies until you're sure which page size option works best and the paper feeding system works smoothly. Then print all your pages.

The smaller 8.5 x 11" page size of Steiner pages will print onto the slightly larger Minkus blank paper very comfortably without any problem.

Now you have good-looking, appropriately sized, hole-punched album pages with attractive layouts and the proper page heading that will fit your Minkus binder.

You're welcome.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by DrewM - 11/18/2019 03:25 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   03:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have problem with Mr. Steiner's site,
I have the authority to pass on the Klaipeda pages, providing you do not modify them, or charge for them.

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MillsapBaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both of you. (I was hoping that someone with the Lithuanian Specialty pages (maybe in the Baltic Album?) would know if they were there -- then I would just have to find a good, clean set.) If that fails, then I guess I may have to print some, as you suggest (thanks, DrewM). rod222, if I need to go that way, logistically, how could you "pass" those pages on to me? Again, thanks for the help.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27490 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
rod222, if I need to go that way, logistically, how could you "pass" those pages on to me?

You have over 50 Posts, just email me, with a suitable email address, and I'll send you the *.pdf

(The authority to offer it freely as written in the *.pdf, I presume does not carry forward to your good self)

Edited by rod222 - 11/18/2019 09:34 am
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add electroprecancels to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DrewM:

If you are printing Steiner originals to blank Minkus sized pages, two questions. Does your method center the Steiner image on the Minkus sized page? And, have you tried to print double sided onto blank Minkus sizes pages?

Thanks,
Bill
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05